I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Ice Rod Post, Help
Posted by: Bruce Tomaselli (---.altnpa.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 01, 2015 06:54PM

A while back someone on this board recommended ice rods blanks with tips that acted like bobbers and fast at the mid-blank. I can't find the post and I want to purchase a few. I checked my followed topics but can't find it.

If anyone can remember who replied to my inquiry, would you please lead me in the right direction?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ice Rod Post, Help
Posted by: Chris Herrera (---.sub-70-199-128.myvzw.com)
Date: April 01, 2015 07:58PM

[rodbuilding.org]

Is this it, Bruce?

Chris

Posted by: Buzz Butters (---.dhcp.fdul.wi.charter.com)
Date: April 01, 2015 08:17PM

mud hole power noodle............ fib26ul
Buzz

Posted by: Bruce Tomaselli (---.altnpa.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 01, 2015 08:30PM

Thanks, guys. Yep, it's the power noodle.

Posted by: Nate Nelson (---.79.144.10.switchnap.com)
Date: April 02, 2015 04:57AM

I can't speak for the many brands but can vouch for both DH Custom Rods and Thorne Bros, both have excellent noodle blanks. Actually, Mudhole coped the name exactly from the Thorne Bros Power Noodle they developedany years ago. I love pretty close to both shops and you can't go wrong with either. The TB blank is more than the DH but both in my min (from what I've seen other places) are better than the Mudhole version both in tip sensitivity and backbone. On tip from me, lots of guys (myself included) recommend fly guides for ice rod blanks due to the price and weight. However, I highly recommend Recoil guides on the noodle as the lighter guide helps the sensitivity of the tip as well as has a much better feel. Keep the weight to a minimum on these rods and they will perform better.

Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: April 02, 2015 10:59AM

MHX is a board sponsor so we would recommend them, AWSOME Ice blanks designed by some of the best ice fisherman in the world. Check out their new web page for ice blanks - [fishmhx.com]

We also offer the CRB Ice Rod Blank :[www.mudhole.com]

All the other Ice Rod parts you need are at: [www.mudhole.com]

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster