I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rod Company Graphic
Posted by: Rick Koontz (---.lubrizol.com)
Date: March 14, 2003 03:16PM

Hi All,

I’m trying to find a graphic to use as a company logo. I want something small that will fit on a business card. I doubt that I will use it for logos on the rod (I still like handwritten inscriptions) but possibly on rod cases. Does anyone know of a site or some sites where there is clip art available that might fit my needs? If I can’t find anything, I’ll try to draw something myself.

Thanks,
Rick Koontz
rkoontz@andrew.cmu.edu

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rod Company Graphic
Posted by: Jeremy Parratt (---.dsl.kscymo.swbell.net)
Date: March 14, 2003 03:50PM

Hey Rick,
If you plan on getting your business cards printed commercially ie: Office Max or what have you, They have books upon books of available fonts and logos available to choose from. Most of these companies will print your cards for you so inexpensively that it is hardly cost effective to do them on your own home printer. Just my opinion.Jeremy

Posted by: Lance Dupre (---.sw.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2003 05:36PM

Call Mike at Decal Connection. I am sure he can help you design any logo that you may want.

Posted by: Joe Gagliardi (216.124.47.---)
Date: March 14, 2003 06:23PM

If you are near a BestBuy, check them out. They often have clipart software in their bargin rack. I once saw a disk with 70,000 images for $9.99

Posted by: Ray Mazza (---.syr.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 14, 2003 07:57PM

Rick,
Try www.fishclix.com
They have a bunch of clip art for taking. I think I've finally decided on mine. One thing down, Too many more to think of, yet to do !!
Ray

Posted by: Mike Ballard (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 14, 2003 08:19PM

I always liked the little guy on the Fenwick literature. A guy sitting on a chair sighting down a rod blank. I don't know if this is a trademarked image or not, but I know many people have used it on notepads and stuff. I might be able to find one if you're interested.

Posted by: Tony Politi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 14, 2003 09:37PM

I am partial to the loomis "fear no fish" Skeleton fish.

Tony

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.56.162.10.Dial1.Raleigh1.Level3.net)
Date: March 15, 2003 08:58AM

Just make sure any graphic you lift is royalty free and isn't trademarked or copyrighted by someone else. I haven't heard of many rod builders being sued for use of someone's copyrighted logo or graphic, but try to be safe anyway.

Another thing you could do, is use what's out there now for some ideas and find an artist friend to whip up something that resembles something you've seen and liked. That way the resulting logo is all yours, now and forever.

Posted by: Matt Davis (---.prtel.com)
Date: March 17, 2003 07:29AM

Thanks Tom! That's all I could think when reading these suggestions. They're trademarked/copyrighted people!! You're just stealing someone else's logo. It's unethical, much less, illegal. Creative property is still property.

If you are serious about something as important as a logo I would go see a graphic designer and get something original and then it's YOURS. This is afterall your logo. It is rather important. Not just something you pick out of a clip art book.

By the way, I have a @#$%& in Technical Illustration/Graphic Design. I'm lucky enough to be able to do this myself, not to mention many friends in the business for input.

Posted by: RICHIE MERRITT (---.lsanca1.dsl-verizon.net)
Date: March 19, 2003 06:43AM

MATT IS RIGHT! THIS IS A SERIOUS AND TOUCHY SUBJECT. DONT CUT CORNERS ON THIS ONE...AFTER ALL THIS IS THE IMAGE THAT WILL REPRESENT YOUR BUSINESS, GIVE YOU BRAND RECOGNITION, AND WILL USUALLY BE YOUR FIRST IMPRESSION TO A POSSIBLE CLIENT. FIND A GRAPHIC DESIGNER THAT SPECIALIZES IN LOGO DESIGN. YOU CAN FIND A GOOD ONE FOR UNDER $300.00 AND THEN YOU OWN THE LOGO AND THE COPYRIGHTS TO IT. I AM A GRAPHIC & LOGO DESIGNER...SEND ME AN EMAIL, DEPENDING ON MY WORK LOAD I MIGHT BE ABLE TO HOOK YOU UP WITH A DEAL.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster