I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pearlable Question
Posted by: Paul Pipke (---.vf.shawcable.net)
Date: February 05, 2015 06:37PM

Guys, I am considering one of these labellers but I am a little unsure about the differences in the models.
I want a machine that I can import my graphics (logo) for the decal but i am unsure if the 270 will allow for this or only the 360.
For anyone that has a 270 were you able to do this?
What about Mac support, I seen vids on PC but nothing on Mac?
Thanks
Paul

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pearlable Question
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 05, 2015 07:49PM

The 270 will do that as well.

Date: February 05, 2015 08:06PM

Thanks for the reply Tom

Posted by: Bryan Yates (---.townes.net)
Date: February 05, 2015 08:34PM

Are the labels themselves limited to rectangular, or does the unit support round labels, and are round labels available? I seem to remember Tom writing about making round labels on inkjet paper and trimming to round, but am looking for a more automated or simpler solution

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 05, 2015 08:38PM

You can trim to whatever size and shape you want. The program allows you to import any type of shape or whatever else you have created in any publishing or similar creative software program.

Posted by: Larry Tobin (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: February 05, 2015 11:21PM

Both units work off the same software. MaxiLabel Pro 5.0 for the PC and MaxiLabel Lite for Mac. Both software's come in the box. The 270 is the DPI, same for the 360, it's 360 DPI. 75% of the rod builders have purchased the 270. If you have PC software question, call me or post any questions. If you have Mac question call 800-622-6312 then hit "0". Talk to Stacey or Linda. One of my new Mac people call today after just getting his unit and could not get it to work. Stacey had him up in less than 5 min. Or just post you question on the forum. Must have about a dozen or so clients you can ask. If you going to the ICRBE, I will have a booth, stop by and see me.

Larry Tobin
LRT Group, Inc.
www.lrtgroup.com
larry@lrtgroup.com
954-257-6224

Date: February 06, 2015 08:32PM

Thank you, looks like the 270 will work perfectly!

Posted by: Warren T Page (107.72.164.---)
Date: February 09, 2015 11:49AM

Paul
Best investment I have purchased and Larry has been great with getting everything to me quick. You can't go wrong with either one

Posted by: John E Powell (---.dynamic.wnyric.org)
Date: February 10, 2015 09:34AM

One feature worth noting about the 360 is that it comes with a corner cutter that rounds over the corners, the 270 doesn't have this feature.

Posted by: Larry Tobin (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: February 10, 2015 11:20AM

I have something new for the 270's. Its a manual corner cutter, offering 3 different sizes of corner cutting. I will bring some the ICRBE show. More info can be found on my web page, at the bottom of the page.

Larry Tobin
LRT Group, Inc.
www.lrtgroup.com
larry@lrtgroup.com
954-257-6224

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster