I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Looking for thread match to Legend Tourney rods
Posted by: Jeremy Wagner (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: April 09, 2014 08:16PM

I'm looking for an exact or as close as possible thread match to the blue St Croix Legend Tourney blanks.

thanks,
jeremy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Looking for thread match to Legend Tourney rods
Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: April 09, 2014 09:44PM

Royal blue
This is standard nylon with no CP applied to the thread.

By the way, any time you want a perfect color match for a St. Croix blank, just give St. Croix a call and they will tell you the exact thread that they use when they wrap that particular blank.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2014 09:45PM by roger wilson.

Date: April 09, 2014 10:49PM

Roger, any idea what brand, id#, etc? I know it's royal blue, I was looking for something more specific than that. One company's royal blue doesn't necessarily match another.

I've done them with no CP in the past due to a customer request and the thread turns almost black, not exactly a match to the blank color.

jeremy

Date: April 10, 2014 09:35AM

Jeremy,
I believe that the Fish Hawk 8053 with no CP is a very close match.

[www.google.com]

Be safe

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 10, 2014 09:53AM

When you test the color Remember that No CP will let the blank color come though the thread So testing on a dark blank will change the color
test on the butt of the blank where it will be covered with a handle or seat to get a better match

Bill - willierods.com

Date: April 10, 2014 09:55AM

Roger, thanks!

Bill, yep, I always test them. There's nothing like wrapping a rod and then starting on the epoxy to find that the thread changes to a color you didn't want when the epoxy hits it.

jeremy

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 10, 2014 10:00AM

Yep
Been there Big Bummer LOL

Bill - willierods.com

Date: April 10, 2014 11:32AM

Any time that I want to see the final thread color, I just do a wrap and then give it a good brush with DNA. The color change with DNA is virtually identical to the color change with guide finish.

Be safe

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster