I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Reel seat for Accurate SR50
Posted by: Jason Groombridge (---.tas.adsl.internode.on.net)
Date: March 31, 2014 11:20PM

G'day Guys,

Have any of you built a rod specifically for the Accurate SR50 and if so what reel seat did you use?

I am building a 37kg rod which will see use for bottom bashing but also for trolling for tuna. I was thinking of using an Aftco aluminium butt for this rod but the slots in the hoods for the reel feet are too wide for the Accurate and could see the reel slide around the seat. In a similar vein an Aftco ARS-2M seat I have here does not seem to engage the reel foot particulalry well either. The Fuji DPSH does a much better job of holding the reel feet and feels secure and engages the foot very nicely, however I am unsure of its suitablilty for a 37kg rod.

I would appreciate if you let me know if you think the Fuji will do the job or if not, suggest some other seats that will work.\

Regards

Jason

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reel seat for Accurate SR50
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: April 01, 2014 10:13AM

For what we'd most likely call an 80lb class rod, I'd probably stick to an aluminum seat. The hood slots on some actually taper towards the rear so although they might appear too wide at the opening they'll lock down on the reel feat as you tighten the hoods.

Have you actually tried tightening the reel foot down in the Aftco unit?

Re: Reel seat for Accurate SR50
Posted by: Jason Groombridge (---.dyn.iinet.net.au)
Date: April 03, 2014 06:53AM

G'day Tom,

I tried again and tightened the reel seat properly and it does, as you suggested, hold the reel just fine as the slots do taper. I just didn't want to do this initially for fear of marking the reel feet.

Thanks

Jason

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster