I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Mud hole shipping and restocking fees are crazy
Posted by: jeff vanek (---.lightspeed.cicril.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 04, 2014 08:43PM

Placed an order with mudhole, order total was $33.45 and they charged me $10.55 shipping.....this is crazy, the total weigh of the package they sent me was 4 ounces, and was shipped first class, which costs about $3 to ship. The worse part of it all, is I didn't need anything in the order and I have to return it all and pay a 10% restocking fee !!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mud hole shipping and restocking fees are crazy
Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: March 04, 2014 09:18PM

Why did you order stuff you didn't need?

Posted by: jeff vanek (---.lightspeed.cicril.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 04, 2014 09:28PM

I changed my mind on how I wanted to build a rod. I thought I had my mind set on reel grips and winding checks, and I found something I liked better.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: March 04, 2014 09:41PM

Their shipping charges are plainly listed in their catalog and on their website. So it's impossible you were shocked or surprised at the shipping charge. You knew up front what it was going to be.

Then you change your mind after your order and want to somehow blame Mud Hole for charging you shipping on items you decided you didn't want after the fact? And then for daring to charge you a restocking fee (also plainly listed online and in their catalog) for accepting a return and having their staff unpack and re-shelve those items?

Your complaint is absurd.

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 04, 2014 09:45PM

You think they can do this for nothing? The shipping charge may be high, but there is more to it then just the weight and postage! Somebody spent time packaging it, printing out the documents as well as filling the order, and guess what......they need to paid for their time + benefits. Now they have to take back YOUR ERROR and unpack it and restock it.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Webmaster