I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Sponsorship Name Change and Reels Deal for Expo
Posted by: Jeremy Reed (---.dhcp.insightbb.com)
Date: February 23, 2014 11:28AM

Reeds Rods is still a sponsor, but I am now dba Blue Collar Sporting Goods and we are located on the side under Blue Collar Sports . While I couldn't make the expo, I want to offer a expo sale until the end of February. We currently have a number of reels in stock, including the following:

Lew's - NIB
2x TPIH 6.4:1 - Lew's Tournament Pro Baitcaster - MSRP $199.99
2x TP1SH 7.3:1 - Lew's Tournament Pro Baitcaster

2x New Lew Team Gold Spinning Reel TL2000H MSRP $129.99

1x Abu Garcia Gen 3 Winch - NIB - MSRP $199.99

1x Shimano Stradic 2500FJ - NIB - MSRP $179.99

Daiwa
NIB - Tatula 100H 6.3:1 - MSRP $149.99
NIB - Tatula 100HS 7.1:1 - MSRP $149.99

Contact me at ReedRods@gmail.com or sales@bluecollarsportinggoods.com to inquire about pricing with the RBO discount.

I expect a new rod dryer to be in this week and mold for cores, so new Mad-Swirl Grips should be cranked out pretty soon. There are some that have already headed out, so I look forward to seeing these on new rods. If you have a color request, just let me know.

If you have any trouble or questions regarding the Mad-Swirl using Magic Marble, feel free to give me a shout or shoot me an email.

I'll address one issue that I was asked Friday about dipping. Sometimes little dots will appear on the paint after dipping. Typically what is happening is that people are shaking the paint creating small bubbles in the paint then immediately dripping the paint on the water and dipping. These microscopic bubbles in the bottles are then creating small openings in the final product. To remedy this, shake the bottles, but allow them to sit for a few minutes so those bubbles can dissipate. This will greatly improve your finish. If you have any small areas that still show up, my trick is to use a small toothpick with the paint, and fill it in.

Enjoy the expo and stay safe.

Jeremy Reed
Reed Rods

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster