I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Excellant service
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 20, 2014 05:35PM

Had some guides send from American Tackle
One of the tops had a piece out All the rest were great
I called Ben Stein and left a message
he called me really nice guy Nice conversation

I will be doing business with them and him again

Bill - willierods.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2014 05:39PM by bill boettcher.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Excellant service
Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 21, 2014 07:34AM

Did you win Ben Stein`s money??

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Mark Gwynne (---.lns7.cha.bigpond.net.au)
Date: January 21, 2014 07:43AM

In the sponsors list to the left there is American tackle and Pro products. I sent an email via the pro products site a few days ago for no response yet. This is after I have received very little from Mudhole on the issues I have for weeks now. While they have responded (eventually) on the Prokote issue where I have been waiting for many weeks now to get some (still don't have it), they have been silent on the degradation issue of the Prowrap. This is why I finally tried to get onto them directly. Should I go to the Amtak site and try again or Bill since you seem to be able to get onto them can you pass a message onto them for me please?

Not trying to hijack your post but I'm at wits end here and can't seem to get a simple reply as a minimum.

Posted by: Don Morse (---.dhcp.bycy.mi.charter.com)
Date: January 21, 2014 08:25AM

You are correct Bill... Ben and everyone at ATC are great people and I believe that Ben is one of the genuine people out there.

Mark, I have passed on your message directly to Ben... I am sure you will be in contact soon. I see you are in Australia, but if you could email Ben your number and a good time to call you I know he will help to make everything right.

ben@americantackle.us

Date: January 21, 2014 08:43AM

mark

Don beat me to it But if you need to contact him here is his info On the left lower
[www.americantackle.us]

Bill - willierods.com

Date: January 21, 2014 08:59AM

So I went back and checked my email trail with Mudhole. There's heaps. The first email from them indicating no stock of Prokote was the 9th of December. The fading issue of the Prowrap Metallic was first sent to them on the 27th December and on that particular topic
I have not gotten one response back. I have sent phtotos and numerous follow ups. The one sent to pro products was only Sunday. I've just forwarded that email to Ben at the address given above so hopefully I'll have better luck there.

So hopefully that might give a bit of perspective as to why I am coming across so abrasive. I understand I am talking about site sponsors here so I don't want to get banned or anything but after something like 8 emails or so over many weeks I'm pretty gutted. I've run out of Epoxy, I have a customer with a badly faded rod and another that's been waiting for too long to get theirs coated. He's on a trip this weekend and I've had to finally source the epoxy elsewhere (and other threads) and express post it to get it done in time, hopefully.

Date: January 21, 2014 09:04AM

You should check your products when they start to get low I always start a list of what I may need And even start putting things on the MudHole cart and save it Add as i think of things I need I add ordering just one thing can get costly

Bill - willierods.com

Date: January 21, 2014 09:13AM

That's exactly what I do actually. I had a reasonable amount of stuff that came in the order and waiting a full month for the Prokote was ok. Not ideal but ok. I figured that was a reasonable amount of leeway to leave myself before running out. Beyond that though and it left me down to zero.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: January 21, 2014 10:03AM

No one has ever been banned from this site for posting about a bad experience they've had with a sponsor or anyone else. All the rules require is that you do so in a civil manner.

Most of the time, any problem ends up being a miscommunication between the customer and the company and such posts done in a civil manner often result in clearing up an issue that might otherwise have gone unresolved. I've been doing this a long, long time, and rarely have I seen any legitimate company engage in any sort of disreputable conduct and manage to stay in business for more than a few months.

When an email doesn't get a response, it's time to pick up the phone. I do realize there is a time difference between different nations, but usually a call is all it takes to rectify a problem.

While I'm on the subject, we have 8,815 users as of this morning. In the 12 years this site has been online, only 16 people have been banned. That's not even a fifth of a single percent of the total. So this stuff about folks being banned willy nilly because they disagreed with me, or because I didn't like them or some other such nonsense, is just that, Nonsense. You have to really get out hand, repeatedly, to get banned from this site. What you never hear, of course, is somebody that has been banned telling the truth about why they were banned.

Posted by: Jeremy Johnson (---.mycingular.net)
Date: January 21, 2014 10:50AM

Mudholes site claimed to be out of pro kote sunday when I tried to add it to my cart. I was able to add it to my order yesterday. Maybe that helps.

Posted by: Ben Stein (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: January 21, 2014 11:08AM

Thank you everyone for the kind words!

Bill, it was a pleasure speaking with you yesterday. I looking forward to speaking with you again real soon. Good luck with the fly blank search!

Mark, I sent you an email to help resolve your situation. I hope it helps.

On a personal note, I started in this industry just over two years ago and everyone I have come into contact with has been super nice and very supportive. I just want to say thank you! And Thank you Tom for hosting a GREAT site!

Please let me know if I can be of assistance at all and I will do all that I can to make sure you are well taken care of to the best of my abilities.

Ben Stein
American Tackle

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster