I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

St.Croix Clasic Cat
Posted by: Tim Demond (172.56.10.---)
Date: January 05, 2014 12:33PM

I have a St Croix Classic Cat rod that I bought years ago which is no longer in production. I use it for bottom bouncing below a dam from a boat. My bait is vertical and maybe 20 feet down. This rod is the best I have found for this purpose and I would like to build one to use but I can not find a blank with the same features and properties. It is a mixture of S-glass and Scii with a mod-fast action, med-heavy power,12-30lb,1/2-2 oz, 7'6" collapseable rod. Does anyone know of a blank like this in production? I see Batson makes a E-glass universal rod, I fear this will be heavier. What is the difference between E-glass and S-glass and what is it combined with? I like the collapseable feature as this allows me to pre-rig my rods and then collapse them for transport.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: St.Croix Clasic Cat
Posted by: Forrest Peters (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: January 05, 2014 02:37PM

Look at MHX rod blanks. I was very pleased with the action and so are my customers.

Lone Wolf Rods
"Keep your powder dry and your lines wet"
God Bless

Date: January 06, 2014 10:07AM

Forrest, thanks for the endorsement. I am building a MHX as I write this. The 12" of snow in St. Louis has shut everything down around here.

Date: January 19, 2014 10:15PM

Thanks, for the info, I am considering a e-glass from mhx.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster