I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Any other Aussies going to go over to the expo
Posted by: Mark Newcombe (---.172.dsl.syd.iprimus.net.au)
Date: December 20, 2013 06:21AM

Hi Guys,

Decided I need to make the massive trip over this year wondering if anyone else is going maybe we could join up it would make the 17hrs flying more enjoyable. I'm leaving from sydney flights are being booked next week. Looking forward to meeting up with some friends over there.

Cheers
Mark

Cheers

Mark Newcombe
Old Bar NSW
Australia
markscustomfishing.com
American Tackle Pro-Staff

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Any other Aussies going to go over to the expo
Posted by: chris short (101.172.85.---)
Date: December 20, 2013 06:10PM

Wish I was mate have a good 1. Maybe in a few years

CKR

Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lnse4.ken.bigpond.net.au)
Date: December 21, 2013 05:09PM

Hi Mark,
See if you can get a seat towards the rear of the plane, a bit more engine noise but can be worth it. On the way over this year I was the only one in three seats on one side and got to lay down and stretch out. Managed to get a good sleep on the way over and avoided the jet lag. See you doctor and get some valium as they wiil help you relax and sleep.
Definitely a long plane trip, actually the longest in the world if your going straight to Fort Worth from Sydney. I found it was definitely worth it, you'll never find anything like it over here. However the best bit is all the great builders you get to meet and talk with. Be prepared for some late nights!!

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Posted by: Don Morse (---.dhcp.bycy.mi.charter.com)
Date: December 21, 2013 05:39PM

LOL....Col, I already warned him about the apple pie and the staying up late.... you might want to email him detailed instructions on how to use our plumbing properly. Looking forward to meeting you in person Mark!

Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lnse4.ken.bigpond.net.au)
Date: December 22, 2013 12:22AM

Hi Don,
I wish I could go again but it won't happen next year so I'll just sit home and sulk that weekend. I'm sure everyone will have a good time but please have a toast for Mike as I'm sure he will be there in spirit.
Americans have a lot of stuff backwards!! like driving on the wrong side of the road, light switches are back to front and the toilets have far too much water in them!!!

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Posted by: Mark Fisher (---.lns4.fli.bigpond.net.au)
Date: December 22, 2013 04:34PM

I wish I was going with your Mark. I'd like nothing better than to meet up with some of the great rod builders from this site. Some day!

Regards
Mark
Outback Rods

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster