I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

A Pro talks about the KR Concept
Posted by: Jim Ising (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: December 02, 2013 04:57PM

OK, I'll admit I've had Bernie Schultz in "Component School" for awhile now, but it's still interesting to see how some of the benefits translate on a competitive scale. We did this interview some time back but it just showed up on Wired2Fish..

[www.wired2fish.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A Pro talks about the KR Concept
Posted by: John E Powell (168.169.226.---)
Date: December 03, 2013 12:22PM

So Jim,

When can we expect a KB bigger than 4.5 (you know for those times when you need a 6)? It doesn't seem to make much sense not to offer KBs in larger sizes when you offer KW and KT in larger sizes - unless Fuji feels there is not enough of a market for them.

Posted by: Mihalyfalvi Gabriel (89.137.102.---)
Date: December 03, 2013 02:07PM

Its out there already..up to 6.

Date: December 03, 2013 02:20PM

Who sells KB up to 6?

They don't seem to be listed on the Angler's Resource webpage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2013 02:20PM by John E Powell.

Date: December 03, 2013 02:38PM

We are talking about KR Belly Guide 6mm ..right? MudHole have them.

Date: December 03, 2013 03:00PM

I'm talking about BKBAG - that would be black frame Alconite, KR concept Belly guides of a size or sizes larger than 4.5mm.

If you could provide a direct link at Mudhole, (or anyone else on the left) to BKBAG in sizes larger than 4.5mm I'd certainly appreciate it. I must be search challenged as I can't even find any KB guides on Mudhole's website.

Date: December 03, 2013 03:05PM

[www.mudhole.com] And select size, in the rolling down window.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2013 03:06PM by Mihalyfalvi Gabriel.

Date: December 03, 2013 04:45PM

Yep, we've added KB5, KB5.5 and KB6. We have also added 7 new KL-H heights. RESULT: Build ANY rod, micro or conventional as a KR Concept rod. We are finishing up the 2014 Catalog and will then update the web site. Unfortunately, distributors often roll these new products into the standard list with no mention of the fact they are new or any explanation of how they expand the possibilities. I'm sure this is partly our fault and we will work to do a better job in 2014. There are two full page ads in this months RodMaker if you'd like further details.

Posted by: John E Powell (---.buffalo.res.rr.com)
Date: December 03, 2013 07:44PM

Jim, that's great to hear. I'm anxious to try a KW, KB, KT spiral trolling rod. I always thought the KB was a great idea, but with just the 4 and 4.5 it wasn't practical for the rods I tend to build for my fishery. With the new sizes, I can do some experimenting now.

Mihalyfalvi Gabriel, thanks for the link. I don't know why I couldn't find them when I looked. I must have been using the wrong search parameters.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2013 07:58PM by John E Powell.

Posted by: Mihalyfalvi Gabriel (78.96.148.---)
Date: December 04, 2013 06:24AM

'welcome mr.Powell.

As Its a related question I will put it here. I want to know why in the KR micro concept Fuji guide placement charts Fuji recommend to use the LG 4.5 top along with the 4.5 KT guides...as long as the LG 4.5 s ring is more close to the blank and creates an angle between the last 4.5 runner and the top guide. Im looking for an answer especially from mr.Ising and maybe an oppinion from Mr.Steve Gardner or any builder with some routin in micro guide builds.
That little angle will hurt in any manner something, like casting distance or the integrity of the blank in that area( last runner-top)?

Because as far as I know for the micro builds the builders advice was to use at least with a half or one size bigger top beside the micro runners.

Any help please...its just a theoretic problem or may cause any real problem?

Thank you

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2013 06:29AM by Mihalyfalvi Gabriel.

Date: December 09, 2013 10:40AM

KT4.5 is 5.8mm high. An LG of the same size with a 1.6 tube is 6.0 mm high. 2 tenths of a mm should not be a problem.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster