I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Reminder
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: November 13, 2013 07:11PM

Okay guys, this is getting more and more out of hand lately . While I think it's more the result of guys not reading the rules or just not thinking, than any sort of flagrant disregard for myself of the sponsors, the following rules bear posting in a general post here. I believe these rules, arrived at over several years of experience here, allow the greatest leeway in terms of sharing information while still recognizing and addressing the economic realities of those who sponsor this website for you.

Please note the specific two portions highlighted by asterisks. This isn't in response to any particular person nor sponsor, just something that needs repeating every so often. Thanks.

ADVERTISING - Any company or invididual that wishes to benefit from sales of products, services, memberships, events, etc., from the audience on this site, must be willing to share in the owner's cost of operating and maintaining this site and its many related features.

Only those who are sponsors of Rodbuilding.org may post messages relating to their products and services. Mention of prices, however, is not allowed. Sponsors of Rodbuilding.org are allowed and even encouraged to attach their company affiliation to their signatures.

Non-sponsors who are owners, employees or agents of firms involved in the manufacture and/or sale of products and/or services are NOT allowed to use this board to advertise or promote their products, services or events nor are they allowed to attach their company affiliation to their signatures. Such will be considered advertising and is not allowed.

***Please do not post unsolicited advertisements for companies, products or services who are not sponsors.

Please do not mention nor list e Bay sales or @#$%& on the forum or the buy/sell/trade page.

Please do not post links to other forums, websites or blogs which contain advertising, nor post forum messages asking users to email you for that information. Do not advertise your personal blog, website, Youtube channel, etc., if any of those contain advertising or promotional material for commercial products or services.

***You may post the name of non-sponsoring firms in direct answer to requests for particular products and services. However, we ask that you use private email for this whenever possible. Remember, the sponsors are the ones who pay for the right to advertise on this forum. They deserve first shot at any possible business created by this forum.

You may send a private email to anyone you wish. However, if their email address is hidden, please do not use the forum to post "Email me for more information." While most such posts are innocent in nature, some non-sponsors use this tactic in order to backdoor our sponsorship requirements.

Unless you are a sponsor, please do not list your personal website unless you do not sell anything other than custom rods. If you sell blanks and/or components, bait & tackle, guide services, etc., etc., or your site contains advertising or links to other commercial ventures, please do not list your website in your post nor as part of your signature.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reminder
Posted by: Forrest Peters (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: November 16, 2013 02:27PM

You tell em Tom. I thought I was losing my mind reading some of this stuff.

Lone Wolf Rods
"Keep your powder dry and your lines wet"
God Bless

Re: Reminder
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: November 16, 2013 06:17PM

It's okay to mention non-sponsors and their products, but not as a lead off in a topic. And when you do it in response to a topic question, try to use direct email before making the post here. Not trying to stifle information, but am trying to show sponsors some consideration. Just use common sense.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster