I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Visual Weave
Posted by: Gary Henderson (---.lightspeed.dybhfl.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 27, 2013 05:54PM

I'm getting a Renzetti Wonder Weaver to go with my new Renzetti lathe. I'm also getting Jim Upton's book, and considering buying the Visual Weave software at the same time.
Does anyone on the forum use the software? Does it run easily under Windows 7 Professional? Any bugs or quirks?

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Visual Weave
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 27, 2013 06:02PM

There are no problems with it installing on any Windows system that I've heard of. As far as bugs go, I haven't heard any complaints from anyone, but I'd be interested to see what others say sinc eI don't weave.

Posted by: Jon Cloutier (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: August 27, 2013 09:48PM

Hi Gary,

I just sent you an e-mail. Take a look and let me know.

Kind regards,

Jon

Posted by: Gary Henderson (---.lightspeed.dybhfl.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 27, 2013 10:51PM

Read and reply sent.

Thanks, Jon.

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: August 28, 2013 03:25AM

Hello Gary & David Boyle.

My apologies I thought it was visual weave but it was visual Wrap that I had trouble with.

Happy Weaving.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2013 07:19PM by Robert A. Guist.

Posted by: David Boyle (---.lnse1.woo.bigpond.net.au)
Date: August 28, 2013 08:09AM

Hi All,
I haven't heard of issues installing vizWeave on Win 7 or 8. Some issues with vizWrap, yes, but not Weave to my knowledge?
If any problems are encountered please send me an email and I will work with you to resolve.

Have now found a good way of remotely connecting to others' machines using TeamViewer in an unattended mode, so the need for finding a mutually convenient time is now lessened, making it more convenient for everyone involved when support is required.

Cheers
Dave Boyle
www.threadcentral.net

Posted by: John Shear (---.sgi.com)
Date: August 28, 2013 02:17PM

I don't suppose there is VisualWrap or VisualWeave type software for a Mac. ?? I'm very much anti-Microsoft.

John

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 28, 2013 04:24PM

A few guys are running VisualWrap on a MAc. I have no idea how sinc eI dont' have a Mac.

Posted by: David Boyle (---.lnse1.woo.bigpond.net.au)
Date: August 28, 2013 05:15PM

Some guys use an emulator. There is a free ( or almost free) one called WinOnX which seems to work OK for Wrap. I haven't seen it used for Weave but it would be worth a try. If you have a Mac and want to try it please email me.

Thanks
Dave

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: August 28, 2013 05:18PM

Macs will run Windows programs because they'll run Windows. But you have to keep in mind that running Windows on a Mac gives you all the associated problems inherently involved with Windows when you're in that mode. Even a Mac can't straighten Windows out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster