I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Quick Overview
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 24, 2013 11:27PM

A new record attendance. Record vendors sales (still have a few more to hear the bottom line from). The comments on the new venue, hotels, restaurants, etc., were overwhelmingly positive. Perhaps for the first time in ten years of doing this, we didn't receive a single legitimate complaint (we did receive a couple or three nice constructive suggestions and plan to take them under advisement). Everything about this event was so far superior to all the previous Expos, which weren't exactly slouches, that it would be hard to compare the 2013 edition to any of the previous ones. In fact, for the first time in the history of the Expo, I actually sort of enjoyed this one.

Nothing will ever be perfect, but in my gut I feel the 2013 Expo might be as close to that mark as is possible to achieve. Thanks to all for coming and the many nice comments received. More information and photos will be coming in a day or so. Thanks again. Just wish I had more time to talk at length with all the fine people who make this event not only the largest rod building event in the world, but the finest as well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Quick Overview
Posted by: Don Morse (---.midsouth.biz.rr.com)
Date: February 25, 2013 04:53AM

Fantastic show Tom...great job, I really enjoyed every aspect of it. Looking forward to many years to come. Winston Salem is a really beautiful city with lots to see and do. I do find it funny though that every street seems to run up hill in both directions....lol

Date: February 25, 2013 07:01AM

Hard to find a flat spot in Winston Salem.

Posted by: Sandy Harris (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: February 25, 2013 07:52AM

Great show.....I'm a new builder so it was only my second one.....W/S was a great venue.....accomodations at the Embassy were first class and the connecting tunnel to the convention center was really nice.....great food/drink close by......wish there were more people set up doing work ("mini seminars"?).....like Arnold said......"I'll be back......"

Date: February 25, 2013 09:01AM

There were quite a few in-booth demos going on all weekend. The American Tackle put on six Microwave Casting Demos, The Batson folks had day long wrapping demos, Morris Schlesinger never stopped for a minute in his booth, and Kevin Knox was cooking up veneer in his booth every time I walked by. Or maybe he was just warming up his lunch. Not sure.

Mark Crouse did suggest that it would be nice to have a group of builders in a booth put together a rod start to finish over a weekend. Attendees could drop by every so often to watch the progress. It's something to think about.

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.nbrncmtc01.nwbrnc.ab.dh.suddenlink.net)
Date: February 25, 2013 09:18AM

It was a fantastic show. I brought my wife and son and they had a great time! It was awesome to see old faces and finally put a face to some names as well. Got some GREAT deals on product as well. My wifes birthday was yesterday and I took her to the nearby Childress Winery and she absolutely loved it. She even asked about coming again next year (and that is saying A LOT).

Tom

Posted by: John E Powell (168.169.226.---)
Date: February 25, 2013 03:24PM

I suspect this is an isolated problem, but I received my magazine (and reception tickets) in today's mail.

Date: February 25, 2013 03:31PM

Which is about the standard delivery time. Some get it a week earlier, some a week later.

No subscriber was turned away from the Reception. You did get in, didn't you?

Posted by: curtis drumm (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 25, 2013 07:44PM

I had the same proublem,i posted it on the forum and asked for help,

A fine youn man by the name of Craig Mullins from alabama come to my resque said he had 2 tickets and i met up with him at the hotel friday.

I thank craig once again.

If there is one thing on this forum i have learned is dont be shy to ask for help, cuz you will get what you ask for, the folkes here are great!

Curt

Date: February 25, 2013 07:49PM

We had tickets on hand for those that didn't receive their magazine in time.

Posted by: Jerry Hossom (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: February 26, 2013 11:32AM

This was my first, and my son and I had an amazing time meeting and learning from so many helpful people on both sides of the tables. I'm new to this and spent way too much, but have never done so with fewer regrets. Thanks for a wonderful show.

Posted by: wayne fowlkes (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: March 02, 2013 12:12AM

I just wanted to say thanks me & Scott G had a grate time.Oh I did not want to leave Paul out he did as well I think this one was the best one of all & I hope that you hold the next one there next year. thanks again from all of us at Merrick Tackle.

Posted by: wayne fowlkes (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: March 02, 2013 12:17AM

I just wanted to say thanks me & Scott G had a grate time.Oh I did not want to leave Paul out he did as well I think this one was the best one of all & I hope that you hold the next one there next year. thanks again from all of us at Merrick Tackle.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster