I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

IP842 Uses
Posted by: Jeremy Reed (---.owb.bellsouth.net)
Date: February 16, 2013 10:45PM

I recently ordered a Batson IP842 to try out. What are some of the uses for this blank? I was thinking of using it as a drop shot or split shot spinning rod.
Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: IP842 Uses
Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (---.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
Date: February 17, 2013 09:44AM

In fresh water I use it to cast small floats with jigs for crappie fishing or use it as a tube bait rod. Since most of my fishing is in shallow saltwater marshes, I use that rod for casting Johnson weedless spoons. In the surf i will go up to a 1/2 oz. spoon. I basically use it to cast any lure within its lure range and 12 pound line. It is a versitle rod and will handle just about any fish up to 8 pounds. I say that because I have caught reds up to that weight with my collection of IP842's. If I could only have one rod for my type of fishing it would be an IP842. I can't see any reason why you can't use it for drop shot and split shot spinning.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.war.clearwire-wmx.net)
Date: February 17, 2013 11:17AM

Excellent jigworm rod also, love the blank for smallies. Great spinner blank for larger trout and steelhead, though I use the 7 1/2 ft version more. Once you build it up and travel a bit, you'll see the rod will be about as versatile as you can imagine a blank could be. 2 power popping blanks are #3 most popular in my arsenal, the first 2, which are no longer available, are the G Loomis IM6/GL3 HS9000 and SJ 700.

Posted by: Karen Hapka - Bingham Ent. (---.kc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 17, 2013 11:52AM

The SSP767-1 is the replacement for the HS9000GL3. This blank is made by North Fork Composites designed by Gary Loomis.

Karen Hapka
Bingham Enterprises

Posted by: J.B. Hunt (---.ppoe.dsl.logantele.com)
Date: February 18, 2013 11:35PM

IP842 will work great for Drop Shot and small Crank Baits. All of my Tournament Bass fishermen prefer the Popping blanks for Crankin Rods instead of the Blended blanks. Works great with small jigs across sandy points for Smallies also.

J.B.Hunt
Bowling Green, KY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster