I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Gudebrod
Posted by: wayne fowlkes (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: February 06, 2013 07:18PM

Does anyone know what has happened to Gudebrod? I have called & I have talked to Pall Black who is no longer there & now works for a security co. I have talked to David La grand & he can not get in touch with any one looks like there done. they do not answer the phone or E mail or any thing else. I was told that they were behind on the rent but they have solved that problem. I was told that they were looking for another building as the one they were in was sold . & I was told that they were looking for investors as they did not have the capital to by the raw material to make the product so at this point I do not know what is going on just do not think it is a good idea to just lock the doors & not say nothing to know one on what you are doing or what your intentions are looks mighty bleak to me. I have been a big supporter of the company for many years as my rods have appeared on the front cover of there magazine for the last 30 years just do not under stand. I just talked to Scott Greenberg from Merrick Tackle & he has been trying to put a large order in for the last 2 months & he can not get any one to take his calls he has put a 4 page spreed in his new catalog for Gudebrod he asked William before he did it was every thing OK & the answer was yes so what is the problem??????????????????????????????????
PS WAITING FOR A ANSWER

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gudebrod
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 06, 2013 07:30PM

Wayne,

It would be premature to say much about it, but your experience mirrors that of several dealers I have talked to in the past week. Anything beyond that is pure speculation, regardless of what it may look like.

In the meantime, you have Mudhole's Prowrap, FishHawk, Pacific Bay and a new thread which Don Becker (Don's Tackle) is ramping up with.

Posted by: Brad DeBlase (---.phil.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 06, 2013 08:34PM

Wayne,
Since I worked for Gudebrod until they closed and kept in touch with some people, I have spoken with the few employees from Wel-tec/Gudebrod. As of the beginning of January, They were locked out and were not able to get in touch with the owners either. As far as they know, they are closed for good.They are not able to access the building to retrieve any property or stocked goods.

If I hear of anything else, I will gladly pass it on.

Posted by: wayne fowlkes (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: February 06, 2013 10:41PM

Thanks for the information Brad I would like to buy some of the stock thread that is left if some one would get back to me. you can E mail me at waynescustomtackle@cox.net.

Posted by: kevin knox (---.baybroadband.net)
Date: February 07, 2013 07:01AM

They're done. From what I have heard, they were trying to get a new building and then closed the doors.

Time to find another source.

Kevin

Kevin Knox
ANGLER'S ENVY CUSTOM RODS
QUEEN ANNE, MD 21657
#_#_#_#_#
www.anglersenvy.com

Posted by: Capt Neil Faulkner (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 07, 2013 03:03PM

Hi,

The last time I went out and bought as much of the metallic thread and braid that I could. At times I thought I was crazy. Now it seems like it may have been a good move.

I was hoping for them to come back big time. Now that we have so many new thread companies out there it may be very difficult for them to get their customers back.

Capt Neil Faulkner

Posted by: Donald Becker (---.hawaii.res.rr.com)
Date: February 07, 2013 03:31PM

Tom,
Thank you for mentioning our entry into rod wrapping thread. We have been selling thread in our local area for about a year and a half with positive results. This includes several tackle shops and a rod wrapping shop (fly, trolling, surf, outriggers). Due to increasing requests for a larger variety of thread, my inventory has grown to the point that I need to move from only local sales to a more national scope.

I am in the final stages of conducting an inventory before opening my website for business. Completed inventories are Perma Color (NCP) in small and medium size spools and nylon in small spools. Remaining is nylon in medium size spools.

In general, to support our local market, size A thread comes on a small spool and size D on medium spools. However, this will be changing due to a recent order from a rod manufacturer requesting white Perma Color size A in larger spools.

We do have metallic thread. It requires labeling, sorting and inventory. Our braid is sold out and we are in the process of re-ordering.

Expect the Perma Color and Nylon to be available for sale on our website this coming Monday (2/11/2013).

Wayne,
I have matched a number of the Gudebrod color numbers to my colors. If my color identifier starts with a number (0-9) the color is a very good match for the Gudebrod color. Example, 396 is a dark brown, 326 is scarlet, etc. If the identifier starts with M, the color is not a match to Gudebrod.

Here is the web address. Please remember, it is NOT open for business yet.
[www.makoithread.com]

If you select either of the thread pages (Perma Color or Nylon), you will find a button labeled “Stock”. As quantities required vary by thread size, color, and spool size, there is no set level as to what is considered as LOW. It’s just my estimation. I will be updating the stock page upon completing the nylon thread inventory. Since the PayPal cart does not let you know when a product is out of stock, I added the stock page to help reduce the frustration of finding the product not being available at check out time.

Any comments on improving the website will be greatly appreciated.

Don

Don Becker

Posted by: Mark Gwynne (---.lnse3.cha.bigpond.net.au)
Date: February 08, 2013 07:04AM

Is anybody able to let us know where we might be able to pick up some of the Electrabraid? I am specifically after red and royal blue. I've not seen anything else like this in another brand but if there is it would be good to know since it looks like I can't get any more. While I'm at it if the Electra thread is also available I would be keen on that too.
Thanks.

Posted by: Donald Becker (---.hawaii.res.rr.com)
Date: February 08, 2013 12:22PM

Hi Mark,

I do sell metallic braid. However, it is doubtful that the colors would exactly match Gudebrod. There is some remaining "standard" metallic braid in stock. It does not have the brightness of the holographic braids. We did have the holographic braid in stock, but it sold out almost immediately. Now the shops want only the holographic braid. It will be about 6 weeks before we are able to restock the braid.

Don Becker

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster