I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Kigan Guides Now Hold US Patent
Posted by: Hydra Fishing, LLC (---.aik.sc.atlanticbb.net)
Date: January 28, 2013 01:10PM

We are excited to announce that the Kigan 3D Guide now holds US Patent 8,333,030

[www.google.com]

The patent is for "Fishing line guide for fishing rod and method for manufacturing the same" so it pertains to both the guide and the method in which the guide is manufactured.

Patent was approved Dec 18, 2012. It's been a several year process, but we are very excited to finally have the approved patent in hand!

Hydra Fishing, LLC

Online: [www.hydrafishing.com]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Email: info@hydrafishing.com

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2013 01:11PM by Hydra Fishing, LLC.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kigan Guides Now Hold US Patent
Posted by: Torin Koski (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: January 28, 2013 01:44PM

Congratulations on obtaining a patent. If I may ask, how long did it take you to obtain - and at what approximate cost? I am looking to obtain 2 patents on components and I was quoted about $8K for each patent. Is that about right?

Posted by: Scott D parsons (205.244.119.---)
Date: January 28, 2013 01:59PM

That is about right, I received a patent a few years ago for a fishing related item I invented and that was about the cost of it

Scott Parsons
919-900-8998
[www.roddancer.com]
[www.fishhawkthreads.com]

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: January 28, 2013 02:02PM

A patent itself doesn't cost very much. Most times, the cost is relative to the work you have done in searching for "prior art" and the writing of the patent claims. You can obtain a patent yourself for around 1000, but it won't be any better than the claims within are written. Thus, if you aren't well versed in writing such claims, you may save money but end up with a patent that isn't very good.

Posted by: David Dosser (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: January 28, 2013 02:15PM

Congratulations!

David Dosser
Coshocton, OH

Date: January 28, 2013 03:54PM

Thanks Scott and Tom. Sorry, I did not intend to hijack the thread. To protect myself, I would probably need the verbage of a well versed patent attorney.

Tom, I sent you some pics of the components that I was considering patenting a couple months ago for your input. I understand you're a very busy man. I was merely hoping for some brutal input/criticism. Did you happen to get my email?

Posted by: mike harris (---.static.gnvl.sc.charter.com)
Date: January 28, 2013 04:14PM

OK reading the patent now I see how it was granted so quickly, it is a US version of an existing Korean patent which is great for speeding up the process. I have to deal with IP all the time at work and our patents are taking more like 6 years to be granted these days.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: January 28, 2013 05:30PM

Torin,

I never got it as far as I know. I try to at least respond to every email that comes in.

Date: January 29, 2013 11:53AM

Tom,

I just sent you another email to rodmaker@earthlink.net with my newest rod with the two inventions. Let me know if you didn't get it.

Torin.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster