I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
BOLOGNESE FISHING BLANKS
Posted by: Chris Phillips (---.netrun.cytanet.com.cy)
Date: January 22, 2013 08:48AM

Looking for some Bolognese fishing 5 m telescopic blanks. Anyone knowing where I could find any please come back with info.
Thanks in advance

Phillips Hot Rods
C Y P R U S
[phillipshotrods.wix.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: BOLOGNESE FISHING BLANKS
Posted by: Graham Johnstone (---.upc-i.chello.nl)
Date: January 22, 2013 09:21AM

Hello Chris,

I am not mistaken then Shimano did do a couple of blank type rods a few years ago. Your best bet is the Italian and perhaps spanish market. If you want a float rod of that length then tricast and harrison would be manufacturers worht a look. Mind you these will be coarse rods for light lines and hooks.

Posted by: cosimo-angione (---.235-95-r.retail.telecomitalia.it)
Date: January 22, 2013 09:31AM

Hi Chris,
if you want a top blank take a look to Maver.

Date: January 22, 2013 09:42AM

thanks Cosimo, I will.

Date: January 22, 2013 09:44AM

Thanks Graham.

Date: January 22, 2013 09:51AM

The above suggestions lead to finished rods. I am looking for BLANKS. Heeelp!!

Posted by: mark crouse (---.direcpc.com)
Date: January 22, 2013 10:06AM

here are some manufactures: Balzer, Daiwa (Europe) , DAM, Century (UK), Harrison (UK), Cormoran, Shimano (europe), you can also go to www.CMW-angeln.de the Owner is Christian Weckesser (Europes largest Rodbuilding Dealer). If you try to see the websites for Europe you write www.Daiwa.de the .de stands for Germany.
best regards Mark

Date: January 22, 2013 10:13AM

Thanks Mark Appreciate it!!

Posted by: Jay Lancaster (---.hsd1.sc.comcast.net)
Date: January 22, 2013 12:04PM

MmmMMmMMMmm ... bolognese

Posted by: Don Morse (---.dhcp.aldl.mi.charter.com)
Date: January 22, 2013 12:24PM

Jay Lancaster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> MmmMMmMMMmm ... bolognese

My bolognese has a first name......

Date: January 22, 2013 01:18PM

Jay you are killing me man AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA.......never thought of them blanks in that perspective!!! :) jees>>>

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2013 01:20PM by Chris Phillips.

Posted by: John E Powell (168.169.226.---)
Date: January 22, 2013 01:55PM

Okay, I have to ask. Being a typical American (somewhat ignorant of things outside of the US), what exactly are the characteristics of a Bolognese blank or rod and how are they fished? (I know I could just search for this, but I wanted to get some live feedback)

Posted by: Jean Scurtu (---.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
Date: January 22, 2013 04:51PM

John E Powell Wrote:
> Okay, I have to ask. Being a typical American
> (somewhat ignorant of things outside of the US),
> what exactly are the characteristics of a
> Bolognese blank or rod and how are they fished?
> (I know I could just search for this, but I wanted
> to get some live feedback)

This type of rods are very popular in Europe for fishing with spinning reels.Because i can't find in U.S.A .I have building one using one telescopic pole ,made in Italy.You can read something about this rod and how i was fishing with this rod with jigs in this links :

[www.fishingworld.com]

[www.fishingworld.com]

Posted by: John E Powell (---.buffalo.res.rr.com)
Date: January 22, 2013 04:56PM

Hm, it seems like they are used in a way similar to the interline guideless telescoping rods popular in Asia?

Date: January 22, 2013 05:17PM

Chris Phillips Wrote:
> Looking for some Bolognese fishing 5 m telescopic
> blanks. Anyone knowing where I could find any
> please come back with info.
> Thanks in advance

Hi Chris,

Sorry ,but in U.S.A. not many people know what is "BOLOGNESE RODS".Not so many people here use this type of rods so for this reason you don't find this rods or blanks to build this type of rods.
I am from Europe and i was fishing with bolognese rods,and what look strange here for many fisherman's i built myself some bolognese rod for fishing from the bank with jigs(in fresh and salt water).
Maybe you must look in ITALY for some graphite telescopic poles and built some bolognese rod on this poles.I don't know if you find some special blanks for bolognese rods,but for sure you can use this graphite telescopic pole to built this type of rods.
10 years ago i was building myself one 5m.(16.4feet) bolognese rod using one Triana Special Competition GRANDSLAM VHS 140 telescopic pole made in Italy by Gabriele Tubertini.The rod weight is 6.7 oz.(190 g.)and with this rod i was catching a lot of nice salt water fish on jigs.

[www.fishingworld.com]

[www.fishingworld.com]

Date: January 22, 2013 05:24PM

John E Powell Wrote:
> Hm, it seems like they are used in a way similar
> to the interline guideless telescoping rods
> popular in Asia?

Not ,is not like interline guideless telescopic rod,because the rod have guides and reel seat Check this link :

[www.waveinn.com]

Date: January 22, 2013 05:40PM

Jean,

I was referring just to the blank, not the complete rod construction. From what I am able to find searching here in English (very little info) the Bolognese rod seems similar to the telescoping interline blanks that have guides and a reel seat / grip area added. Their lengths, power, variety of action, number of sections all seem similar. So I guess I was wondering if someone might use the Bolognese rod and the Interline Guideless Telescoping rod in a similar ways? I did see one blank that measured 40 feet as translated by Google webpage translator, so I don't know if any of what I was looking at is correct or not.

There isn't a lot of info on that style of rod here that I can find. I'd be interested in learning more.

Date: January 22, 2013 09:25PM

John,

You don't find the blank for bolognese rod,but to build this type of rod you can use telescopic pole.With telescopic pole you fish without reel and guide,the line is tie from the tip of the rod.I was fishing about 25 years ago with 30' telescopic fishing pole in my ex-country .
If you put some guides ,reel seat on telescopic pole you have one bolognese rod.
In this link you can see some telescopic pole made in Italy by REGLAS COMPANY for MILO S.R.L.(Milo Colombo is one italian fishing champion) :

[www.milo.it]

Date: January 22, 2013 09:35PM

Jean,

Thanks for the follow-up answer to my question, that's just what I was wondering.

So how are these fished? Do you fight the fish with the rod held to the side and bring the fish to the edge of the water (shoreline)?

Posted by: cosimo-angione (---.246-95-r.retail.telecomitalia.it)
Date: January 23, 2013 01:52AM

Chris in Italy it's possible to find Maver blank.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster