I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Flipping Rod blank help.....
Posted by: Wilburn Barron (---.hsd1.al.comcast.net)
Date: January 13, 2013 07:17PM

Here we go guys. I have built 2 flipping rod blanks one on the mhx fs905 and the fs966. The fs966 is almost what Im lookingofor. The 905 just is a little spongy for the heavy stuff. Is there a xxheavy rod blank out there. Along the lines of a kistler lta xxheavy or the old cambron rods the green telescoping rods. I have looked till I'm crossed eyed. I like a telescoping blank but not a must.

Thanks
Wilburn Barron.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Flipping Rod blank help.....
Posted by: Joel Smith (---.asm.bellsouth.net)
Date: January 13, 2013 07:38PM

Swampland has a Castaway BB1 or BB2. One of these might be what your looking for. I snatched quite a few 8-9 pounders out of some extremely thick hydrilla with this blank.

Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: January 13, 2013 08:47PM

Get with Alex at Kigan/Hydra. I have a Hydra flipping stick that I use in heavy Florida cover and it is a beauty. Alex fishes professionally, so he is a very good source for all things bass.

Posted by: David Dosser (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: January 13, 2013 09:16PM

I also have a Hydra flipping rod. I would highly recommend checking out Hydra.

David Dosser
Coshocton, OH

Posted by: Wilburn Barron (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: January 13, 2013 10:22PM

That's is my next choice is the bb2. My last resort is a extra long broom stick. It would be raise to wrap the eyes on the end. Hahahaha. What website can I take a look at the hydra blanks?

Posted by: Jeremy Reed (---.owb.bellsouth.net)
Date: January 13, 2013 11:06PM

I believe Alex's website is under construction for updates right now. A link to his webpage is on the left hand column.

Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: January 14, 2013 10:27AM

Yep ... it is under renovations, not actual construction. He has been operational for a long time. The phone number and contact information is on the page.

Posted by: Wilburn Barron (---.hsd1.al.comcast.net)
Date: January 15, 2013 08:30PM

BB2 is looking good to me right now but these are the two Blanks I need to get close too if it helps any. Thanks for all the replys you guys are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kistler Helium LTX II (He2HC711T)
7'11" Heavy 1/4 - 2oz 15-40 lb Fast Action
Telescoping

Kistler Helium LTA (He76TXH)
7'6" X-Heavy 5/8 - 2oz 17 - 50 lb
Telescoping

Thanks Again
Wilburn Barron

P.S. Alex did shoot me a email!!! Sounds like a good guy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2013 08:32PM by Wilburn Barron.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster