I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Vintage Lami Specs
Posted by: jason vandeusen (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: November 16, 2012 10:03PM

What are the specs for a Lamiglass SH-109-2F Blank. I am looking for line, lure weights and the other stuff.

Also when was this blank made, looks to me like its 70's, but I could be wrong.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vintage Lami Specs
Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 16, 2012 10:55PM

Your best source of this information will be Lamiglas.

Posted by: Teague Parker (98.125.244.---)
Date: November 17, 2012 10:09AM

Kinda sounds like the steelhead version from their salmon mooching series of green fiberglass blanks. 9' moderate action, Med Light, which I'd figure was about 3/8-5/8 oz, maybe even 1oz. 70's sounds right too. Maybe same vintage as Grizzly. I couldn't afford the good stuff back then so my memory could be way off here. Lamiglas is always helpful. Guys at Angler's Workshop would probably know too. Good luck.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.war.clearwire-wmx.net)
Date: November 17, 2012 11:53AM

They usually answer best on their Rod Squad site. Sometimes it takes them a while to find the info that far back.

Posted by: Randolph Ruwe (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: November 17, 2012 03:09PM

Jason, If memory serves, the SH 109-2F was 9' line wt 8-15# test, and lure wt 1/4 - 5/8 oz. I made a bunch of rods from this blank during early 70's to mid 80's. The were also made in S-glass with the designation SSH 109-2F. Hope this helps, it is only from memory.

Posted by: jason vandeusen (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: November 17, 2012 10:14PM

Thanks for the replies.

I have not yet posted on the Lamiglass forums, I saw there were a few posts like mine with no replies, so I did not post there.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.war.clearwire-wmx.net)
Date: November 18, 2012 01:06AM

When you have a business to run and 50 years of stuff to look through to answer a vintage question, you don't always get it done, but you do what you can. Sometimes other anglers or builders answer if they have the info, I myself have a hard time finding room for just 10 to 12 years of back information from multiple rod companies.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 18, 2012 10:45AM

Try emailing or calling them

Bill - willierods.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster