I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

New Product - XLA Hookkeeper
Posted by: Hydra Fishing, LLC (---.aik.sc.atlanticbb.net)
Date: November 05, 2012 01:50AM

All attendees at the Tri States, Chicago, and Ohio gatherings hopefullyreceived a sample of our new hookkeeper made by Kigan. We are excited to unveil it in a more formal fashion to rodbuilers. We here at Hydra designed this last year for Kigan after seeing no real "great" hookkeeper solutions and being frustrated with the hookkeepers available today - and being tired of constantly bending wire to make our own. Many times people complain about hookkeepers being in the way, etc. We know this isn't everything for everyone, but we have yet to meet anyone who dislikes it.

Features/Benefits:
Upturned spade front to easy hooks up to 8/0 to slide under easily
Ported hole to reduce weight, add style, and allow better use with small hooks like fly hooks or trebles
Created from pressed stainless steel plate
Foot has a wedge design for wrapping strength and preground for absolutely no prep

Photo 1: [www.rodbuilding.org]
Photo 2: [www.rodbuilding.org]

Specs:
23.5mm long
7.5mm foot 3mm high
5mm wide

In stock (black and chrome) at Bingham Enterprises and Swampland Tackle. Order yours today!

If you would like a FREE SAMPLE, please sign up on our mailing list at: [www.hydrafishing.com] and we will mail out a sample XLA hookkeeper for you to try out yourself. We figure you can read ads and look at magazines, we're just going to give you one (per address). For disclosure, we are going to add you to our mailing list. We've got a lot of really great things coming - a special partnership to announce, more US made rod blanks, more information about how we make our blanks differently (and lighter) than everyone else, EVA grips, new reel seats, new website, etc - 2013 is going to be exciting!

Thanks!

Hydra Fishing, LLC

Online: [www.hydrafishing.com]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Email: info@hydrafishing.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Product - XLA Hookkeeper
Posted by: Lance Dupre (---.lightspeed.nworla.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 05, 2012 08:55AM

We have these new hookkeepers in stock and will offer free shipping through the end of the week.

[swamplandtackle.com]

Lance

Posted by: Mark Blabaum (---.dsl.mhtc.net)
Date: November 05, 2012 10:26AM

I received one from the Tri-State gathering and they are very nice indeed. I also received a set of the Hydra spinning guides that are like the Fuji K guides, they seem very nice as well.

Posted by: Eric MONTACLAIR (---.fbx.proxad.net)
Date: November 05, 2012 10:50AM

Design seems good.
Thanks for the offer.

Posted by: Karen Hapka - Bingham Ent. (---.kc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 05, 2012 12:05PM

I will chime in also. Most of my black keepers are sold out but have plenty of chrome ones remaining. Will add one FREE to every order placed over $12.00 from now until. Veteran's Day.

Karen
Bingham Enterprises
Binghamenterprises@kc.rr.com

Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: November 05, 2012 01:14PM

I have been using them since Alex designed them. They are VERY nice indeed and they do hold up exceptionally well. I would suggest giving them a try, especially at the current price for the first one.

Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.lightspeed.bcvloh.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 05, 2012 04:07PM

Every one at the Ohio Gathering received one also. I will try it on my next build. They look like they should be great!

Thanks,

Bill

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: November 05, 2012 05:53PM

I received one from Karen on my last order.
It appears to be the perfect new product for those troublesome hook keeper needs.

Roger

Posted by: Hydra Fishing, LLC (---.aik.sc.atlanticbb.net)
Date: November 05, 2012 08:21PM

Thanks for the compliments and interest. It's a small part but really represents the path we're taking - not so much flash, but good solid answers to rodbuilding needs.

We've had a great response. Expect to see them next week. We're going to wait until a bulk of the responses are in and then mass mail.

Thanks again!!!

Hydra Fishing, LLC

Online: [www.hydrafishing.com]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Email: info@hydrafishing.com

Posted by: David Dosser (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2012 11:30PM

I also had the pleasure of getting one way before they came out. I put it on a catfish rod and I really like it. I got another one at the ORBs gathering also. Very neat design. It will be my go to hookkeeper from now on.

David Dosser
Coshocton, OH

Posted by: Donald R Campbell (---.lsanca.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 07, 2012 01:03PM

I love the new hook keepers! Keep up the good work.

I just e-mailed Karen at Bingham Enterprises and ordered 10 of them. Ca't wait to get 'em.

Don Campbell
don@sensorfishingrods.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster