I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

KYRBS - Kentucky Rodbuilders - Gathering Dates/Topics
Posted by: Jeremy Reed (---.static.insightbb.com)
Date: October 15, 2012 01:42PM

We are meeting in April or May of 2013 at KY Lake. The exact location is to be determined, but it'll be close by Grand Rivers (North end of KY and Barkley Lakes). To date, Batson Enterprises has offered to send samples and so has Alex D with Hyrda fishing.

If you do plan on attending, please bring any blanks and custom rods you have on hand so other builders can get a chance to handle them. I am trying to have it close to the bass/panfish spawn. I'll also see about trying to get some local guides there and tournament fishermen for some input on what rods they like best and why. Given that this is one of their prime times to be guiding, I may not have any luck on getting any guides there. We will have a gathering on one of the following dates; please let me know your preference.

April 13, 27, 2013
May 4, 18, 2013.

My preference is April 13 or April 27. Since we've had some warm springs in the past, the spawns are usually all over the place, so I think we have a good chance of hitting something those days. We can also look at doing an afternoon meeting, all day meeting, or other suggestion, so people can get a chance to fish KY and Barkley Lake should they want to.

If you have anything you want to see covered, please let me know. So far, it has been requested that we cover the following:
1. Panfish blank and component selection
Casting jigs - 1/32oz and up
Bobber rods
Crappie rods 9'+
KY Lake Crappie Rigs
Spider rigs
Split shot rigs
2. Catfish blank and compoent selection
Boat rods
Bobber rods
Tightlining
Species specific - Blues, channel, and flatheads
Bank fishing rods
Lake v/ River Fishing
3. Etc.
4. Reel Seat Removal
???? Other

Send suggesting to kyrbs@googlegroups.com,

Thanks,

Jeremy Reed

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: KYRBS - Kentucky Rodbuilders - Gathering Dates/Topics
Posted by: Don Morse (---.dhcp.aldl.mi.charter.com)
Date: October 15, 2012 03:01PM

IMO...your best bet is to set the date "you build it and they will come". You will drive yourself crazy trying to get everyone to agree on a date.

Posted by: Bill Ballou (---.hsd1.tn.comcast.net)
Date: October 15, 2012 05:18PM

I agree with Don. Set A date it is far enough in advance for people to make plans. I will make plans to attend. Bring some rods and have some home made split grips if people are interested. May have set for a door prize.
Bill

Posted by: Jeremy Reed (---.dhcp.insightbb.com)
Date: October 15, 2012 09:35PM

10-4. April 13 is the date for the event.

Posted by: Jeremy Reed (---.dhcp.insightbb.com)
Date: October 15, 2012 09:35PM

10-4. April 13 is the date for the event.

Posted by: Lynn Williams (---.we.res.rr.com)
Date: October 16, 2012 03:32PM

Jeremy,
I might be able to help out a little, I live in Owensboro KY and know some of the guides around the KY & Barkley Lake and built rods for some of the pros. Let me know what you need and I can contact some of them and see what I can come up with.

Lynn Williams

Posted by: Jeremy Reed (---.static.insightbb.com)
Date: October 17, 2012 11:31AM

Mr. Williams, I've sent you an email and added you to the group mailing list.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster