I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

0hio Gathering
Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.skylan.net)
Date: October 05, 2012 10:14AM

The gathering is just 4 weeks away, and here is some of what we have planned;

Tables will be set up and manned for a couple of hours. After that you will just have to grab the person you need information from.

Greg Hromiko will guide us through basic rod building. This will be good as we have two new builders coming and we will build a rod from start to finish. (Well, actually minus the finish as time will not allow the finish to set.) So I guess it will be start to CP.

Not sure who, but we will do static testing.

Roy Miller will show us some on guide wraps and butt wraps. Roy has a unique way of displaying his sample wraps for customers.

Joe Vanfossen is going to teach us in designing and installing decals along with doing our photograhing this event. Joe has helped me out a couple of times so I know he will be good. He is also incharge of our web site. If any of you would like to be listed on it see Joe and he will get you set up. There is no charge at all.

Dave Dosser and Herb Tidrick will have a couple of fly tying benches set up. Dave also is a great builder and can answer rod building questions.. Herb is a fly fishing instructor and will be glad to help in this area.

Ray McGill is going to man the sign up table and help with the door prizes. We also may be able to get him to tell about the grips he makes out of a material you never thought of. I will let him tell you what it is.

If any one else would like something to do , let me know. We never turn down help. We also are taking request for topics.

The list of door prizes contiue to grow with a lot of commitments. The companies who have already sent them to me are:
Mud Hole
Flex Coat
American Tackle

We still have room for 7 or 8 people. Please send me an e-mail, ( bkcustomrods@yahoo.com ) if you are interested. The date is November 3, 2012 in Canton, Ohio. You can not beat the price. IT IS FREE with a restruant in the building.

Every one bring a rod you have finished or are currently workiing on. some one will pick up a tip or two from it.

If you have any tools or excess supplies to sell bring them along with sellers information. I will have a table for them also.

Bill

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 0hio Gathering
Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.lightspeed.bcvloh.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 05, 2012 05:27PM

Hydra Fishing LLC, Who brought us some very nice door prizes last year just gave me a shipment date for this years door prizes.

Also, Anglers Resource has let me know what they are sending.

We will have some happy builders!

Bill

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Re: 0hio Gathering
Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lnse5.ken.bigpond.net.au)
Date: October 06, 2012 01:53AM

Hi Bill,
Looks like you've got everything organised, door prizes are a bonus for small events, well done. Hope you have a good one.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster