I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rodmaker Mag.
Posted by: Judd Stanislawski (---.docsis.hbci.com)
Date: August 08, 2012 07:01PM

I just got my issue of RodMaker today and it looks like the mail service had a problem with a paper jam on there conveyor...glad to see the address was still visible once they yanked my magazine out from between the belt and rollers.On the plus side I did get it.

Later Judd S.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rodmaker Mag.
Posted by: Jack Tener (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 08, 2012 07:24PM

Boy that's not good, i hope the magazine itself wasn't ripped up. I hope i have better luck. Doing some serious waiting for mine.

Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lnse3.cht.bigpond.net.au)
Date: August 08, 2012 07:45PM

Hi Jack,
Move to the land of Oz and see how long it takes, we're still waiting on the previous issue!! Hopefully that will arrive soon.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Posted by: Ken Finch (---.onlinehome-server.info)
Date: August 08, 2012 08:08PM

Somehow I doubt the postal service will see your complaint here.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: August 08, 2012 10:02PM

The U.S. Postal Service does pretty well all things considered. They do lose or damage about 2% of the magazine mailing each time. Subscribers whose magazines are lost or damaged can get a replacement by emailing me.

I do not sell subscriptions outside the U.S. Those who have bought subscriptions from resellers should contact those resellers if they are having a problem getting their issues.

Posted by: Judd Stanislawski (---.docsis.hbci.com)
Date: August 08, 2012 10:08PM

Ken

My post was not meant to come across as a complaint, more a disappointment. I always look forward to getting the next issue of RodMaker.
I like to keep the issues I have looking as nice as the day I received them, I Cherish these books as much as the craft itself.

Posted by: Fred Trahan (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: August 08, 2012 10:14PM

I look forward to them as well. It seems like for ever since last (but it's not). Glad I received it, great articles, suggestions, and ideas. Love the Mag.

Date: August 09, 2012 02:04AM

Hi Tom,
I wasn't having a crack at you about postage times and realise the issue with getting the mag over here. You post using the cheapest rate and by the time it gets to Ian Miller and Julie gets it repacked and posted at the cheapest rate again it takes time. Sometimes it's well over three month's before we get it. Then the guys on the forum start taliking about what's in the issue and I start getting itchy feet and that makes it seem longer again!! Occaisionally there're are delays and it gets even longer and I have contacted Julie to find out if there's a problem with getting it out and there have been a few.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Posted by: kenny hempson (---.moldtelecom.md)
Date: August 09, 2012 06:18AM

i cant even get the mag out here in russia how sad is that i was hopeing to find some pdf version but nope

Posted by: Mark Newcombe (---.100-50-210.dynamic.dsl.syd.iprimus.net.au)
Date: August 09, 2012 06:35AM

Gee it would be nice if mudhole carried them they would be in every order I placed. wink wink.

Date: August 09, 2012 07:20AM

Col,

Actually, I send it via air priority overseas to them. That's next to the most expensive rate/service offered.

Date: August 09, 2012 07:52AM

Hi Tom,
That makes it harder to understand why it takes that long. At least we still get it and It's not Russia who don't get it at all. I realise the problems you had when it was sent direct and understand why you had to stop doing it, the magazine wouldn't be what it is today. It's very good and I like getting my hands on it for a read, plus all the great information it contains. You can just continue keeping it at least the way it is and us boys in Oz will just have to wait.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Posted by: kenny hempson (---.moldtelecom.md)
Date: August 09, 2012 08:09AM

well i sure havent found it in russia hands down .. so my question is , is there a pdf formant one can down load or subscribe to?

Date: August 09, 2012 09:13AM

We've found that about 1 in 5 or 6 shipments goes missing. I can only assume that on such occasions a lapse is introduced that takes many weeks to catch up with.

The magazine is not available in pdf format. Sorry.

Date: August 09, 2012 09:47AM

Timo Keil in Germany offers subscriptions in Europe.

sales@rodpro.de

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2012 09:48AM by Tom Kirkman.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster