I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

reelseat/handle
Posted by: Wayne. Dye (---.hsd1.in.comcast.net)
Date: July 26, 2012 04:23PM

I am planning to build my son a rod for Whitebass fishing here in central Indiana. I would like to use a reversible spin/fly reelseat/handle. I have searched all the usual sites with no luck.
I built a similar rod several years ago in Fl and a local builder had one that he sold me, I don't know where he got it and now I can't find him.I know that several manufacturers sell travel rods
in this configuration so someone must make them. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help
Wayne Dye
Six Mile Creek Custom Rods

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: reelseat/handle
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: July 26, 2012 04:34PM

I'm not aware of anyone that makes them, although it's not hard to make your own. RodMaker published an article on this a few years back. You need to build a handle on a section of tubing or scrap rod blank and install female ferrules on both ends. They should both be the same size, and fitted to a single male ferrule on the rod butt end.

Date: July 26, 2012 09:47PM

Thanks Tom I'll give it a try.

Wayne

Posted by: Victor Heal (---.static.aldl.mi.charter.com)
Date: July 27, 2012 11:56AM

Wayne, Unhide your email or shoot me one.

Date: July 27, 2012 12:13PM

Victor: I think that I unhid my email. I'm not a real whiz on this computer.

Thanks
Wayne

Posted by: Chris Richer (131.137.245.---)
Date: July 27, 2012 02:40PM

I took Tom's suggestion.

To do this purchased two sets of ferrules, then went to a hobby shop and bought tubing. The brass tubing just fit over the outside of the female ferrule. I decided on the lenth of handle for the Fly side and added additional length using the second male ferrule for the spin side. This gives me a small fighting butt for the fly side and, hopefully, keeps junk out of the tube. To hide the male ferrule on the rod, I attached a piece of cork to the rod and the male ferrule is under that.

Chris Richer
Iroquois ON

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 28, 2012 09:31AM

I built mine from sections of scrap graphite blanks Two for femails and one on the butt of the blank as the mail
[www.rodbuilding.org]
[www.rodbuilding.org]

Bill - willierods.com

Date: July 28, 2012 09:45PM

Thanks to all for the ideas. I'll have plenty of time to experiment before getting serious for a Christmas rod.

Victor: hope you found my email ok. If not let me know here and I'll try to figure it out. Am working with a new note book
my sister gave me and I'm techno challanged at best. 73years old and am being dragged into the 21st century screaming
and kicking

Posted by: Victor Heal (---.pilottravelcenters.com)
Date: July 29, 2012 01:58AM

Wayne, I got your email address. I'lll look around the shop tomorrow when I get off work. I'm pretty sure I have one around already set up.

Vic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster