I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Here We Go Again!
Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: July 25, 2012 10:35AM

Mr. Ising Choke on Gumbo???

Video on Anglers Resource (Thanks Chuck) Site

Spinning Rod Set Up - Now We Are Having Fun! Some may not know how much!

Out Of The Box Message from the Gumbo Gallery

Choke, Height, Ring Size, Charts, Calculations, High Video, Spool Size. Tilt Angle, NGC, Cone of Flight, KR, KB, SP etc. ............

Lots on the table for a casting Bubba related to spinning rods!

The Forhan Tennessee is an option for high performance task specific rods currently used by professional anglers - you have the drawing. They are a pain for a rodbuilder to make in volume

Swampland can not afford cost of minimum 20,000 units.

Clue: The calculations and tilt of the reel can be dealt with by a file using the Tennessee Grip.

How about suggesting to the Fuji engineers with the high speed cameras that a spinning seat with an adjusting locking tilting platform or reel foot shims for the reel feet to sit on.

Until then the Swamp Boyz will make the final adjustment with a file and put the choke in the same place for all reels with different tilt angles.

If you try to throw us in the slammer we can always use the file on the bars!

Swamp Boyz

Another in the public domain! Thanks .org for the platform.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2012 11:15AM by Bill Stevens.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Here We Go Again!
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: July 25, 2012 11:09AM

Line isn't shot off the spool - it's pulled off. Therefore the angle of the reel spool isn't of much importance when we're only talking a few degrees.

Posted by: Chuck Mills (---.grenergy.com)
Date: July 25, 2012 11:11AM

Cool video!

Bill you meant to say Anglers Resource (on the left)?

Whats with the file? Spool angle doesn't mean squat.

Funny thing is, many of us have been using a quicker reduction using M guides for a long time (4-5 yrs?). I have done a lot with size 16 & 20 M butt guides and transitioning to 4mm runners. It works fine. Once you have your guide train figured out, you can use the same thing on many similar blanks - just adding runners for longer rods. You can change reel size with no change in performance, assuming you don't go from a 1000 series to a 4000.

I'm not sure what else you said because it wasn't in Minnesotan - my native language.

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: July 25, 2012 11:23AM

Thanks Chuck -

Posted by: William (Bill) Jones (170.211.180.---)
Date: July 25, 2012 03:18PM

Der dat Steven go wit dat cajun reson an dat talk talk him!! Dem file work good, no?

Posted by: Todd R. Vivian (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: July 25, 2012 03:49PM

Bill,
I know you can speak English.

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Posted by: Jim Ising (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: July 25, 2012 04:32PM

I hate to admit it but just lately I've realized I can sort of understand him.

Posted by: Todd R. Vivian (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: July 25, 2012 04:53PM

Sort of scary.........

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lns9.cht.bigpond.net.au)
Date: July 26, 2012 04:34AM

Hi Bill,
Sometimes I think your on a different wave length, not that there is anything wrong with that, as thinking outside the box has a lot going for it. I think I might be with Jim and sort of understand you SOMETIMES!!! and yes Todd it could be scary, sort of!!

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster