I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Deflated
Posted by: ray balmforth (---.lns7.ken.bigpond.net.au)
Date: June 19, 2012 03:46AM

Cant believe my luck.Had a few blanks delivered from mudhole a few weeks ago and one of them was snapped three inches from the
tip.The box they were delivered in was crushed at the front.Being a runout blank from st croix there were no more in stock so i had to
upgrade to the new nci resin.But also had to wait two weeks till they got some new stock.Mudhole were fantastic i cant praise them
enough for there customer service second to none.Get a knock on the door today its my new blank had a quick look at the pvc tube
my heart sank there was damage to it .Opened the tube and i have a two piece 7ft 6in when i ordered a one piece.Cant even salvage it
as the break is a third of the way down.Straight on the phone to fedex again not happy.Is this a regular occurence be interested to know
or am i just plain unlucky.Still cant work out how they can damage a pvc tube.End of rant.

Ray Balmforth
Figtree
NSW
Australia

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Deflated
Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lnse4.ken.bigpond.net.au)
Date: June 19, 2012 03:58AM

Hi Ray,
That's down right unlucky, never had any problem with rods or blanks shipped in pvc tubes. Mudhole are tremedous but I hope Fedex has to pay as it's not a Mudhole issue. You can do something with it if Mudhole don't want it back. Check the Ralph O'Quinn articles on rod repair in the library, if I can fix one long term then you can also.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: June 19, 2012 07:12AM

Hello Ray

I've had three in pvc tube show up from Fed-Ex folded like a toco so I tell everyone shipping to me not to use Fed-EX, USPS has not folded a pvc tube up yet nor has UPS although they(UPS) keep giving my stuff to a neighbor who sometimes tells me he has it but mostly I have to hunt it down if it is sent by UPS with USPS I had 1 sent to me in a triangular cardbord box break into 4 pieces.

Happy Shipping and Tight Wraps.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Posted by: Phil Brenner (198.217.64.---)
Date: June 19, 2012 07:20AM

usps killed 2 blanks for me a while back, they all break them from time to time

Posted by: matthew jacobs (---.122.31.71.static.ip.windstream.net)
Date: June 19, 2012 07:28AM

It happens but it's not a Mudhole issue, it's Fed Ex.

Posted by: Bill Sidney (---.gci.net)
Date: June 19, 2012 05:09PM

all the shippers try to get it correct the frist time " BUT " they ali do make mistakes , no matter what one you use, FEDX an UPS are faster to settle up with a claim tham USPS , they are very slow , that is why most of the large supplyers don't use them when shipping a unit that cost more than $ 50.00

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: June 19, 2012 06:52PM

A while back, I had blanks broken by all of the shippers. i.e. USPS, ups, and FedEx. So, they all break blanks if the tube or package gets caught in a conveyor. The conveyor is driven by a very large motor and a little single package will not even slow down the conveyor.

It also doesn't matter if the PVC tube is thin or thick. It will break. It doesn't matter if the cardboard package is triple layered inside. It will break if caught in a conveyor.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: June 20, 2012 10:03PM

I guess I've been EXTREMELY lucky. I have never received a damaged blank whether in cardboard triangle or PVC (I hope I didn't just jinx myself)

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Jeff Seabridge (---.cmdnnj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 22, 2012 02:52PM

I have had one blank from Mudhole shipped to me and upon further review found the butt section cracked length wise about 6". No problem they shipped me new one free. Now I have had different things shipped to me over the years and I now do this. Check the shipping container for damage upon delivery with the driver right there. If theres damage to the shipping container open it and check your product. If its damaged give it right back to the driver. If its left at your door its up to you to open it. I know the wait is a pain in the butt. I would call the company you purchased your product from and tell them theres damage to the container. If they ask you to open it do so or they may put a call tag on it and have the shipper come back to get it. Insurance claims can be lengthy.

Posted by: ray balmforth (---.lns7.ken.bigpond.net.au)
Date: June 23, 2012 03:16AM

Not a problem with Mudhole emailed them that afternoon had an email next morning saying to send some photos
and a new blank is being shipped.Got my fingers crossed for third time lucky.Cant speak highly enough of Mudhole
they are a pleasure to do bussiness with.

Ray Balmforth
Figtree
NSW
Australia

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster