I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

It's a small world, keep an eye out.
Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: May 09, 2012 08:57PM

For other rod builders in your area!

Many rod builders DO NOT frequent internet forums and many do not have funds for advertising in the Phone Book or the Classified adds but if your lucky and keep your eyes open, hopefully, you will see them around in your local area.

I had a pleasant surprise this morning when I parked my truck arriving at my first service call for the day of my "day job". A sign in the window of the business next door to my client read "Buff's Custom Rods"!

"COOL!" I thought to myself as I waited for either my client or "Buff" to show up and open for business. Buff (not his given name) showed up first as my client was late so I had the chance to have a nice chat for a few and see a bit of his work. NICE work and a real down home dude too. Now, this fella DID NOT have a store front dedicated to his rod business. His primary business ( a Barber) just gave him the opportunity to also advertise and "show off" his second love. How cool is that!

It just goes to show that rod builders are around more than you think if you just looked for them on the internet ect.. I've lived in this area for many years and HAVE looked for other builder's. Just didn't look the "old fashioned" way near as much as I guess I should.

Oh, by the way, what better "day job" than a barber with a rod bench INSIDE the studio could there be for also discussing and selling custom rods? I don't think there is one! LOL

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: It's a small world, keep an eye out.
Posted by: Capt Neil Faulkner (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 10, 2012 07:16AM

Hi Ray,

That is a good one!

Capt Neil Faulkner

Posted by: warren colton (---.burl.east.myfairpoint.net)
Date: May 10, 2012 08:51AM

Sounds great for getting the word out - but there might be a small problem with hairs and dandruff getting into the finish. LOL.

Posted by: Steve Cox (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: May 10, 2012 02:55PM

I just couldn't resist Ray. "Did you have him put a custom weave in your hair?"

Posted by: Steve Cox (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: May 10, 2012 02:56PM

I just couldn't resist Ray. "Did you have him put a custom weave in your hair?"

Posted by: Bill Marchisella (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: May 10, 2012 03:09PM

That was a good one Steve; hope Ray has a good sense of humor!

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: May 10, 2012 03:23PM

Steve Cox Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just couldn't resist Ray. "Did you have him put
> a custom weave in your hair?"

LOL!! Got my hair cut last week....way to short for that now!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: May 10, 2012 04:54PM

"Many rod builders DO NOT frequent internet forums"

In fact, most rod builders do not frequent internet forums. Almost 80% do not participate or even visit internet rod building forums.

Posted by: Steve Mcleod (---.97.244.87.dyn.jtglobal.com)
Date: May 10, 2012 05:23PM

Tom Kirkman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Many rod builders DO NOT frequent internet
> forums"
>
>
> In fact, most rod builders do not frequent
> internet forums. Almost 80% do not participate or
> even visit internet rod building forums.
>
> ................I used to be like that, rod building for over 20 years without owning a computer. Until i got one for a christmas present, now i frequent this site almost everyday! i'm hooked! ha ha!

Jersey, Channel Islands. (U.K.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster