I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Krank It Up A Knotch!
Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: May 08, 2012 09:42AM

BETTER RODS built ON BETTER BLANKS built in a BETTER WAY!

The "S"ecret Is Out! (S-S-S) Seeker - SGlass - Swampland)

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Surface, shallow to deep - all lure styles - ASK ABOUT FREE SPOOLING TO UNKNOWN DEPTHS!

Special Edition - Read All About It!

[www.swamplandtackle.com]

[www.swamplandtackle.com]

Request Build Sheet detailing preferences. (Lure, Lure Weight, Length, Power, Action, Grip Length, Seat Size and Component List for chosen guides and tops)

All models In Stock and Ready For Shipment Select Yours From: [www.swamplandtackle.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2012 11:48AM by Bill Stevens.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Krank It Up A Knotch!
Posted by: mike harris (---.dhcp.spbg.sc.charter.com)
Date: May 08, 2012 10:31PM

I have a tournament this weekend on Douglas, and I will have 2 806 s-glass rods with me making some of those 300 yard casts myself……….

I was able to get my last one down to 5.5oz, not for bad a full 8 foot all fiberglass rod. I went all the way with a split 18 reel seat, carbon grips, and 3mm Kigan guides. To get the 18 reel seat on this blank it has to be reamed so much that epoxy seeps out of pinholes when you glue it up.

[www.rodbuilding.org]

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Of course in our tournament, unlike the Elite series, A-rigs are allowed so the mighty T1 will be on the menu too.

Bonus picture, here is the new Kigan hook keeper. It is by far the best I have used, you can slide a worm hook under the back while still Texas rigged, with an open hook you can either just slide it under the keeper or you can run the hook through the hole in the keeper for a more secure hold.

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2012 11:30AM by mike harris.

Date: May 09, 2012 09:39AM

Mike: Your Post Text

"making some of those 300 yard casts myself………."

Something is changing the game -

Professional anglers now have a decision to make when they "Get To The Spot"

Like Old Buck Perry said "Knowledge is the Key To Angling Success"

If Buck had been at Douglas he may have changed his words of wisdom to Seeing Is Believing!

This is really some good stuff!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2012 11:52AM by Bill Stevens.

Posted by: mike harris (174.136.133.---)
Date: May 10, 2012 01:16PM

The reels I have won’t hold the full 300 yards, but last night I was setting one up and put a full 200 yard spool of line on and have some room left over. Tonight I will spool up another one and I think I can get 250 yards on it, I guess that will have to do.

Date: May 10, 2012 02:29PM

Mike your tournament will be interesting to a lot of people!

Elite results at Douglas last week proved cranking running silent, deep at great distances is successful..

It will be interesting to see if "idle speed fish finding" is followed by crankbait long lineing or visiting the school of big ones with a "RIG" wins the money!

How many RIG offerings can be made from the same spot?

This will be the S A T for you - all bases covered -

Hope your boater uses his underwater eyes!

Guess Who Is Coming To Dinner - Click on this: [www.rodbuilding.org]

We will be interested to see your report when the battle is over!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2012 03:07PM by Bill Stevens.

Posted by: mike harris (174.136.133.---)
Date: May 10, 2012 03:15PM

It’s Tennessee so I will be limited to 3 baits, but I could put 3 hot lips on and be completely legal. No way am I man enough to reel that in, I doubt anybody is…………….

Date: May 10, 2012 04:40PM

Why worry about long lining one lonely crank when you can drop in with a school of baitfish for dinner!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster