I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Deep Drop Tilefish blanks, rods, reels, techniques
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: April 20, 2012 10:29AM

In addition to the Surf Rod test Casting event Th eNERBs have scheduled for tomorrow morning/afternoon, we have one of the top Tilefish captains coming to give a seminar at 6PM at my shop, CAptain Jeff of the Voyager. We also have Dave from Th eReel Seat who specializes in this fishing, and has all the rigs, reels, and rod selection down to a science. Steve Cannizzo is another big name attending and will be sharing his vast knowledge of the fishery with those in attendance.

We will be discussing what blanks to use (capable of handling 1-5 pounds of lead in 300+ feet of water), reels, rigs, and everything else you need to know. If you are interested in this fishing but cannot attend, I have a couple of Seeker blanks which are designed for this fishing, the Classic Tile, Deep Drop Tile, and DDT x2. Contact me for more info on these blanks.

Admisssion is $25, if anyone is interested there is still space. If you have done this fishing or are considering it, this is an excellent opportunity to learn more about it, don't miss it!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Deep Drop Tilefish blanks, rods, reels, techniques
Date: April 20, 2012 02:25PM

I just got an e-mail from a 2 time IGFA Record holder for Tilefish who is going to attend as well. Amazing to have several of the top Tile fishermen coming tomorrow night.

[www.noreast.com]
[www.noreast.com]

If you have no idea what Deep Droping or Tilefish is about, click those threads and take a look at the 2 records Mark broke.

Posted by: Russell Brunt (165.214.14.---)
Date: April 20, 2012 02:48PM

I am seriously jealous Billy. I really appreicate the work you are doing. Just green with envy that it isn't being done where I live:)

Russ in Hollywood, FL.

Date: April 20, 2012 03:20PM

I do as much as I can, one of the board sponsors should hire me as an event coordinator, lecturer, blank designer, and/or rod wrapper. lol. I will say this, TOm works his a$$ off to get all those people to show up each year at HP. If I were to spend the money on advertising and get a larger venue, I would probably have 100 people at every gathering.

tomorrow is going to be a BUSY day, I'll be walking around all morning and afternoon, set up, making sure everything is goign smoothly, recod distances, order pizza, and then prepare for the evening seminar. Shouldbe a lot of fun!!

Posted by: Don O'Neil (---.sub-174-254-179.myvzw.com)
Date: April 21, 2012 09:02PM

Billy Vivona Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If I were to
> spend the money on advertising and get a larger
> venue, I would probably have 100 people at every
> gathering.
>

Billy,

If your gatherings were larger they couldn't possibly be as good as they are now. Each participant gets personal attention from you and the guys that show up just to hang. I have attended three gatherings and learned lots of stuff at all of them. I still have lots to learn so I plan on attending many more.

There are groups within the gathering that break off and end up as mini gatherings sometimes there are two or three topics going on in different corners of the room. There is always something interesting going on and in my case I seem to be pulled from one group to another. I have to learn not to wander. Hands on learning, small discussion groups and unrestricted informal discussion couldn't possibly happen in a group of 100 so the learning experience would certainly be diminished. I for one, cast a selfish vote to continue as is.

Thanks Billy,

Don

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: April 21, 2012 09:17PM

Speaking from a West Coast prospective,,, I'm JEALOUS

When I win the lottery I will hire who ever it takes to...? well ya know.....

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster