I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

sunglow gold (University of Missouri)
Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.nmci.usmc.mil)
Date: March 26, 2012 01:24PM

Anyone have a thread that will match this color? I have a couple of builds pending on it.

thanks,
Tom

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sunglow gold (University of Missouri)
Posted by: George Forster (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: March 26, 2012 07:14PM

Try Coats and Clark Trilobal Spark Gold. I think it's pretty close.

George Forster
Fort Collins, CO

Posted by: Steve Schoene (---.lightspeed.tmblct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 26, 2012 09:58PM

According to the University of Missourt web site, MU Gold is based on the Crayola color sunglow gold, which Wickapedia tells us is defined under the RGB scale as 255, 204, 51. You should be able to see that color, at least approximately, on your monitor. It is pretty close to either Pantone 1225 or 810. Since the FishHawk color chart seems to be based on the Gudebrod, Gudebrod 209 called Goldenrod appears to be the same (or very close) to the FishHawk 209 Goldenrod which one on-line program I looked at identified as being close to the right color. An exact match is likely to be impossible, and not really necessary, since I'd bet a bunch that the gold used in all sorts of MU items varies over a moderately wide color range. Likely the only place the University gets picky is on the silk linings on Masters and Doctoral hoods. The color will also depend heavily on the effect of your chosen color preserver and winding top coats. I doubt your customer's rods will be closely compared to those graduation hoods.

Date: March 27, 2012 07:17AM

Steve,

Sound advice! I will be ordering some FishHawk today.

Thanks,
Tom

Posted by: Steve Schoene (---.lightspeed.tmblct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 27, 2012 09:24AM

There have been reports of problems with FishHawk on the forum. Now that Gudebrod is back you could go back to the old standard if you like.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 27, 2012 10:35AM

Get several colors It may not look the same after finish

Wrap some on scrap

Bill - willierods.com

Date: March 27, 2012 12:38PM

Steve,

Can you expound on the problems? Were they with standard or metallic? Any specifics that I should search for?

Thanks,
Tom

Posted by: Steve Schoene (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 28, 2012 05:53PM

I haven't personally used the Fish Hawk, so I'd just search for Fish Hawk and see what pops up.

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.nbrncmtc02.nwbrnc.ab.dh.suddenlink.net)
Date: March 29, 2012 07:04PM

Steve,

The reason that I asked is because I have a large amount of Fish Hawk and have been completely happy with it. A while back I was told by an individual that in their opinion Fish Hawk is the best on the market... When this person speaks you should listen very intently to what they have to say. I cannot disclose who it is, however; I can say that I would recommend you give their metallics a try... I think you may be pleased.

Tom

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster