I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Special Thanks from Rooster Rods.
Posted by: Steven Paterson (---.eugn.qwest.net)
Date: February 29, 2012 03:47PM

WOW!!!! What a show. I would like to thank everyone for all the support at our booth this year and to those that attended the two seminars. The seminars went over better than expected (i was scared to death on the first one) and maybe next year Tom could give me some additional time on the cross wrap one.

Special thanks to all my friends that were there and of course to Wayne Folwkes who brought me back into rod building.

And again to all of the Nerbs....Thanks for your support!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to next year!!!!

Steven Paterson

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Special Thanks from Rooster Rods.
Posted by: Robbie Smith (---.sd2.redwire.net)
Date: February 29, 2012 04:02PM

Steve, it was great seeing you again and I am glad you made it to this end of the world. Your thread work is top class in every way.

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 29, 2012 04:46PM

I missed your seminars ---- but did buy your DVDs. Not the same as seeing in person but worth the money for sure.

Posted by: kevin knox (---.baybroadband.net)
Date: February 29, 2012 05:14PM

Thanks for the 1 on 1 time Rooster. Already got my pen in white and the chevrons today are spot on. I also got the Renzetti laser and they are night and day different than my previous. I OWE YA BRO!!!!!!

To those that want spot on wraps, I mean level like the kitchen counter straight, you NEED that DVD. GET IT!!!!!!!!

Between that and Billy Vivona's book, you are well on your way to sheer perfection!

Kevin

Kevin Knox
ANGLER'S ENVY CUSTOM RODS
QUEEN ANNE, MD 21657
#_#_#_#_#
www.anglersenvy.com

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 29, 2012 10:15PM

Steve, Was a pleasure learning from you. Sorry I didn't heckle you in the seminar( Seemed like you were expecting it). Your presentation and willingness to share deserved the respect you received. West Coast meets East Coast , I`m glad you made the trip . Got some business commitments and some travel in the following weeks but rest assured when I get settled I'm going for it with the info I am now armed with.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: March 01, 2012 08:00AM

Steve's presence was just one more reason why the Expo isn't and has never been an "east coast show." It's International.

Posted by: Capt. Craig Freeman (38.127.195.---)
Date: March 01, 2012 09:41AM

Good meeting you Steve. I think if the guy in front of you had ended on time, your crosswrap presentation would have been even better! I think you only had like 35 to 40 minutes instead of the full hour.

Thanks for the one on one with the turkshead tool and taking the time to explain the corded butt wraps. I got both DVD's and have viewed both several times. The amount of details you packed into the DVD's is just ridiculous. Thanks for taking the time to make them.

Posted by: Bob Mankin (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 01, 2012 12:14PM

As Steve's sidekick for the weekend, I must say it was an outstanding event. Got to meet a ton of great people. A little scrambled for our seminar presentation, but the DVDs came together over the span of just a few weeks and the focus was on getting those to the show. If you only knew what an adventure that was. LOL. My bags going out were weighed down heavy with production DVDs I picked up on the way to the airport.

I'm glad folks were able to take away information that will take their wraps to the next level. The cord work has become a favorite of mine for heavier rods whenever a build will allow it. Soooo much you can do with that if you use some imagination.

Tom, Wayne, Billy, JP, Kevin, the NERBS and so many others. Great hospitality and just good peeps. My only regret would be we were so busy most of the time I didn't get to roam around all of the other booths or catch several seminars I would like to have seen. I'm sure there were many awesome tips and techniques that I could have picked up for use in my builds. Will have to time manage a little better next round.

Thank you to all of you who took the time and expressed the interest at the booth. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions on any of the information or the materials used. With a little effort and the information that Steve put together you really can add to your future builds. I've been fortunate enough to learn some of this from Steve over the last couple of years and I still pick up new ideas as I did when I first watched the completed DVD on the plane ride out. It's one of those presentations that you have to watch a few times to really pick it all up.

I second what Kevin said; it's Steve's material building on the efforts of others like Billy that can help us all take it to a new level.

Best to you all.

Bob Mankin
M&M Custom Rods

Posted by: Solomon Rosenzweig (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: September 18, 2013 02:14AM

I'm glad you all had a terrific show. It's been quite a while now. Steve Paterson has been running from his past for almost a year now. He took my $300.00 deposit to make my rod, and skipped town. Never got my money or my rod. Can any of you help?
I would much appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance.
Solomon

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster