I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Guide alinment machine
Posted by: david jones (---.sub-174-252-145.myvzw.com)
Date: February 25, 2012 01:46PM

I might be crazy but I though I read on here some where that they suppose to be showing a guide alinement machine at the rod show did it not pan out or did I walk by it

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Guide alignment machine
Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: February 25, 2012 02:31PM

I might be crazy but I though I read on here some where that they suppose to be showing a guide alignment machine at the rod show did it not pan out or did I walk by it

Re: Guide alinment machine
Posted by: Owen Spalding (---.dsl.vic.optusnet.com.au)
Date: February 25, 2012 08:06PM

A guide alignment machine..!!! I have 2 of them, they are small & round, and to be honest i would be totally lost without them......
most people call them eyes but the trick is you have to use them with what I call attention to detail
Use them both together and you cant go wrong.

cheers

Posted by: Rick Heil (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: February 25, 2012 09:30PM

I was waiting for some trick or something LOL!

I thought to my self < > Man I know when I first got on this forum and searched almost everything I could possibly imagine I would need for building a fishing rod. I never come across this so called machine or critter! HOW EVER > I did read about a home made device to help with keeping the guides aligned and getting them straight to the blank. But way to elaborate for me to make and not worth my efforts. So I thought this was some kind of trick question. For me its my eyeballs from the the Tiptop looking down and adjust as needed with what ever holding procedure you have in place > Then wrap and Check again! >adjust and manipulate after you have them wrapped, till you have them straight! Finish up wrapping and finalize with finish ...ofcourse a prep and inspection before finish application for me.

The best way to save time is to have a good hold down application in place after you static test or what ever your using for building methods. I have it down to were I don't even have to touch more than two at any time now after wrapping. Good Luck I hope this helps

Rick H.

rwheil@msn.com

Website
[www.facebook.com]
[home.comcast.net]

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 25, 2012 10:40PM

Yes, it's real, it's at the Expo and will be unveiled shortly.

Posted by: Les Stewart (---.gh.dyn.cm.comporium.net)
Date: February 27, 2012 01:29PM

I missed it myself! Where was it, who made it and do you have a picture of it? I spent most of my time in seninars but spent a lot of time and money prowling the booths.

Posted by: Rick Heil (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: February 27, 2012 01:49PM

Yes I am waiting for Tom K. to post a direct link to a photo line up the critter because I just went through allot pics of the expo (with great enjoyment ) but did not see this new device ! The pics look great and it looks like everyone there had some kind of interest in what they were looking at! I couldn't see an idle looking attendee in those pics! LOL Must have been the best show ever to date! Congrats to all who made it possible !

Rick H.

rwheil@msn.com

Website
[www.facebook.com]
[home.comcast.net]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster