I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

ICRBE - Saturday 2:00 PM - Special Event
Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: February 14, 2012 12:05PM

International Custom Rodbuilding Exposition
High Point, NC

Feb 25, 2012 Saturday 2:00 pm

Swampland Booths C-10, 11

Feature Presentation: "ONE TIME ONLY"

Shockwave Rods, Seeker Fishing Rods and Swampland Tackle participated in procurement, design, building and field testing of finished rods that met requirements of professional bass anglers using lures weighing in excess of six ounces.

Micro rods built on exclusive Swampland T1 blanks passed on the water fishing tests by professional bass anglers. Rods are designed to provide the angler with effortless, accurate, long range casting.

Meet at Swampland Booth C-10 for description of blank and components. Inspect the rods and participate in question and answers session.

Casting Demonstration at designated Launch Complex TBA

Darin Dohi, Vice President General Manager Seeker Rod Company, will demonstrate the capabilities of the unique task specific rod designed for bass fishermen using lure weights from 2 to 8 ounces.

Go Long - Hit The Spot - Go All Day!

Do not miss this opportunity to see the market introduction of this amazing rod/blanks to the custom rodbuilding market!

[swamplandtackle.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2012 12:06PM by Bill Stevens.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ICRBE - Saturday 2:00 PM - Special Event
Posted by: Lou Auret (204.16.161.---)
Date: February 14, 2012 12:10PM

I just KNOW i am going to need to get one.
Hope my wallet and wish list are still OK by that time of the day........

Posted by: David Dosser (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: February 14, 2012 12:56PM

I hope I get to see it Bill.

David Dosser
Coshocton, OH

Posted by: mike harris (174.136.133.---)
Date: February 14, 2012 01:07PM

They work great, casting actual A-rigs is more problematic than single baits of the same weight since the aerodynamics of the rig are so poor, but with my rod I have been able to cast rigs up to 5oz for tremendous distance with very little effort. It’s hard for me to consider any 7 oz bass fishing rod light, but everybody who picks it up comments how light and balanced it is for the power it has.

Sometimes new applications require new thinking……..

[www.rodbuilding.org]
[www.rodbuilding.org]

Posted by: Lou Auret (204.16.161.---)
Date: February 14, 2012 01:20PM

Mike,
love the multiple hook keepers. Is that 3 or a 5 hook setup?

Date: February 14, 2012 02:15PM

No need to wait unill 2:00 to pull the trigger. The word is out on the SWA T1. if you show up when the show opens I will help you solve your wallet problems. You can take a look at the other new "out of the box items" while you wait for the outside SHOW! With one of these things you can fish the "wrecks" from your favorite pier in Destin. You will need a reel with lots of string!

Posted by: Russell Brunt (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: February 14, 2012 04:54PM

OMG! It "looks" like you guys are using a "spreader bar" for catching bass????

And here I am thinking big swim baits.

Russ in Hollywood, FL.

Date: February 14, 2012 05:10PM

Russell - Background

[rodbuilding.org]

Posted by: Russell Brunt (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: February 14, 2012 07:36PM

Thank you Bill. I'm way behind times with regards to bass fishing. I have no idea what shakey head and drop shot are!

Fishing is fishing and fish are fish. Most fisherman readily acknowledge that at any given time 90% of the fish will be in 10% of the lake. Yet (it seems to me) so many of the fresh water crowd beats the same 10% of the lake even when results indicate the fish are "someplace else". They blame lockjaw rather than their unwillingness to change tatics.

Once upon a time I moved to Tenn., as my soon to be wife was going to college there. I hooked up with a "good old boy" from there and we became fishing buds. It took awhile, and the right fish, before he began to see my "salt water ways" could pay off. Fishing ultra lite gear for white bass and slow trolling deep channels with live bait for big catfish were a couple of things that changed his approach.

The average Joe would do well to question how a complete stranger to his favorite lake could win a tournament there. Sure, local knowledge helps. So does the ability to make sense of a topo map, thermoclines, barometer, and the like. Those that fish open salt water know "structure" takes many forms. One can see that you are a man of experience in both type of waters.

Now how long before you market 12 VDC meat grinders, chums bags, and flat line bass blanks? LOL! Not to mention umbrellas and teasers.

Russ in Hollywood, FL.

Posted by: Milt deReyna (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 14, 2012 09:47PM

Thank God for Redfish and Speckled Trout. If the only way I could catch fish was to spend the day throwing one of those ridiculous contraptions, I'd be playing golf full time. But good luck with it.

Posted by: Hydra Fishing, LLC (---.aik.sc.atlanticbb.net)
Date: February 14, 2012 09:58PM

MIlt - just hang tight... I know several redfish anglers who have been experimenting with the rig. Have been since it hit the bass scene. Just imagine... one cast and limited out for the day!

An SWA T1 will be outfitted for display right next door to Swampland featuring some very special guides...

Alex

Hydra Fishing, LLC

Online: [www.hydrafishing.com]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Email: info@hydrafishing.com

Date: February 15, 2012 08:27AM

Milt: Hoping to have a video of two 10 # reds battling each other for supremacy before the weekend - an waiting to see the "thangs" being lifted into the boat.

Mike: How much weight did you remove from the blank? (Paint gone?)

Alex sure liked your link to the throw video - the ribbon trailer thing was "cutting edge technology" - on target!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2012 08:49AM by Bill Stevens.

Date: February 15, 2012 09:50AM

I didn’t do a before and after weight, but I doubt it was a whole lot, finished rod was 7.5oz with #3 Kigans. These blanks are not the best candidate for stripping, since they have lots of fiberglass in alternating layers with the graphite and there are places where the glass shows through on the top end. A non painted blank is a bit of a thing for me, but another reason I stripped it is because the bottom 18 inches or so are not painted from the factory. This works fine if you are building a rod with a long full grip and fore grip but no so well with split grips, if you look at the picture of the blue and silver customer rod I used the silver underwrap to cover up the unpainted area in front of the reel seat.

Date: February 15, 2012 11:20AM

Yup fishing is one thing and looking is another - Ere The Twain Shall Meet!

Bring your rod and we will put all them side by side and weight them before the Pad Launch!

Gettn Excited! Gonna Be Good!!

Date: February 15, 2012 01:15PM

Mike H. -- Your no paint fetish has been on the table with Seeker for quite a while.

Please note the RF Legacy Elite Blanks are available with no clear coat - the natural color of the S Glass utilized is green.

Blank overall weight, ease of guide wrapping, life of surface coating and the pull test of guide attachments made it attractive to delete the clear coat.

The initial minimum order of the exclusive non painted blank has been successful See comment posted earlier by Lou Aurent.

I am building for a number of Elites and tournament fishermen using blanks with no clear coat.

Some of this stuff is a trade off - leave off the coat and the manufacturer spends more time with surface prep so there is no cost reduction - if anything it may cost slightly more.

If you desire I can have special order T1s with no paint or clear coat on the blanks.

Let me know today and I will see if i can get one put in the shipping crate for delivery to you at the show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2012 08:58AM by Bill Stevens.

Date: February 15, 2012 02:41PM

I don’t need another T1 right now, but I do plan on getting in on some of that bare S-glass action for sure. I am probably looking at 2 8 footers and 2 765’s at the minimum.

Date: February 15, 2012 04:34PM

Confirm number at Reception and we will set back for you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster