I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Lamiglas blanks.
Posted by: jacob burlison (---.slkc.qwest.net)
Date: January 11, 2012 01:38AM

I've decided to build my boy a steelhead rod for his birthday and have some questions about Lamiglas blanks. The blank I'm considering is a G1000 GSH 90 2 MT. I was just wondering if any of you guys have any insight on this blank, or for that matter Lamiglas blanks in general? I've built a few rods before, but not with a lamiglas blank. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jacob.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lamiglas blanks.
Posted by: Capt Neil Faulkner (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 11, 2012 06:55AM

Hi Jacob,

Top quality blanks! They work.

I would call Lamiglas and ask to talk to the person knowledgeable of the steelhead blanks. You will get first hand info and possible from a blank designer.

Now that will be a great birthday present!

Capt Neil Faulkner

Posted by: jacob burlison (---.slkc.qwest.net)
Date: January 11, 2012 07:38AM

Try telling that to my wife :) She thinks he is still to young (He'll be six.) I took him up to Shoup last year and he had a blast, even landed one. Since then he keeps asking me to get him his own rod because my is just too big he says :)

Posted by: matthew jacobs (---.122.31.71.static.ip.windstream.net)
Date: January 11, 2012 08:20AM

In your shoes, I'd probably call Todd V. at Mudhole. He probably designed that blank & they have a ton of lamiglass blanks in stock & can walk you right through the component process to get you exactly what you need.

Posted by: Todd R. Vivian (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: January 11, 2012 09:10AM

Jacob,
that is a great light steel blank. A real favorite for the guys drifting the small rivers and running light plugs.

Todd

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster