I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rod Maker Magazine
Posted by: Don Morse (---.dsl.sfldmi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 26, 2011 07:05AM

Just got my first issue of Rod Maker on Saturday and I must say.... WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG TO SUBSCRIBE? Wonderful publication. If you have been taking advantage of this forum and are not a subscriber, you have no idea what you are missing. Thanks Tom for everything you do for this great hobby.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rod Maker Magazine
Posted by: John DeLuca (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: December 26, 2011 08:02AM

I just subscribed about 2 weeks ago but did not get it yet really looking forward to it.

Posted by: JIM MOWL (---.stat.centurytel.net)
Date: December 26, 2011 10:50AM

Just got my first copy Saturday also and ditto to what Don said..

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: December 26, 2011 02:51PM

About 8-10 years for me now and it just keeps getting better!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: David Spence (---.ec.res.rr.com)
Date: December 26, 2011 05:47PM

Why anyone frequenting this board would not subscribe to Rodmaker is beyond me. I keep every issue in a binder and often refer to them. The information, new concepts and illustrations that accompany the articles present things in a way that this forum cannot, despite the excellence of this forum. The covers are so gorgeous that I keep issues out on the coffee table. I've never heard of anyone letting their subscription lapse because they didn't think it was worth the $.

Posted by: Ed Sabatini (---.)
Date: December 26, 2011 07:11PM

Very high quality too. Much better than any of the fishing magazines I get. The mailing cover, the heavy bright slick paper and studio grade photography are a bonus to the great information and articles.

Posted by: James Newsome (---.244.204.207.client.dyn.strong-sf33.reliablehosting.com)
Date: December 27, 2011 01:47PM

I know I was blown away when I got my first copy. Much more than I was expecting.

Posted by: Capt Neil Faulkner (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 27, 2011 11:24PM

Hi,

I have every issue since Vol.1 issue 3. I wish I could find Vol.1 Issues 1 & 2 for sale so I would have the complete set.

Now I do have a problem. I have no one waiting in the wings to take over when I'm gone. It would be nice to know a life time of collecting all this stuff was going to someone I wanted to give it to. Maybe down the road that person will enter my life.

Yes, this magazine is worth every penny and then some.

Thank you Tom!

Capt Neil Faulkner

Posted by: Don Morse (---.dsl.sfldmi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 28, 2011 08:35AM

Uncle Neil!!!!

Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: December 28, 2011 09:35AM

Capt Neil,

There is a member of the Ohio Rod Builders who is trying to get me to adopt him so he would be left in my will.

He is a nice guy and all but, frankly I can not afford to feed him. Also I have a future son in law who is gaining interest in rod building so there would be a major battle if they had to share.

Some time if you and I meet up I will pont him out to you in a crowd. Please though, try not to gasp when you see him.

His name is Joe. We just call him, " HEY, YOU!! he answers every time if food is in the area.

Bill

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Posted by: Capt Neil Faulkner (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 28, 2011 08:10PM

Hi Don,

You have to go a lot older, like in GrandPa, poppy or whatever, ha, ha!

Interesting, we had a family discussion regarding all my rod building "STUFF" this past weekend. If some one had to purchase,
even wholesale, all the "STUFF" I have accumulated over the years it would cost a fortune. Guess I have to live long enough to stop
buying and build on what is already here. Yeah, like I'm really gonna do that. Ha! Ha!

Capt Neil Faulkner

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster