I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pacbay casting blanks
Posted by: Bucky Allen (---.mycingular.net)
Date: December 07, 2011 01:23PM

How are these blanks compared to MHX and Rainshadow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2011 01:50PM by Bucky Allen.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pacbay casting blanks
Posted by: Lance Dupre (---.lightspeed.nworla.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 07, 2011 01:30PM

Don't see anything about PacBay blanks anywhere.

Lance

Posted by: James Newsome (---.244.204.207.client.dyn.strong-sf33.reliablehosting.com)
Date: December 07, 2011 02:29PM

You would never convince me that they do not all come out of the same factory.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 07, 2011 02:40PM

Good point

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Geoff Staples (---.olypen.com)
Date: December 07, 2011 02:55PM

Mr. Allen,
Which series of blanks are you referring to? I would be happy to point you in the right direction for info.
Also, I keep hearing the "one factory many blank brands" statement come up. Certainly there are only X number of blank manufacturers overseas and many of them have multiple customers who sell blanks in the US. But is it really assumed that there is one factory making everyone's blanks? Please elaborate as I am very curious about this issue. Thanks.

-The Batson TEAM
BatsonEnterprises.com

Posted by: Bucky Allen (---.mycingular.net)
Date: December 07, 2011 04:27PM

Im looking at the Rainforest II and Tradition II

Posted by: Marc Morrone (---.dsl.airstreamcomm.net)
Date: December 07, 2011 06:02PM

They are excellent!!! I have built on many of them. Light, sensitive, and very durable. I am surprised more folks have not picked up on them.

Check them out, you'll probably be happy you did.

Posted by: Duane Richards (---.ronkva.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 07, 2011 06:45PM

Love the Mag Bass series of the PacBay Rainforest blanks. I'm with Marc, great blank and super value. Hardest problem is getting them as suppliers sell out fast..

DR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2011 06:51PM by Duane Richards.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.war.clearwire-wmx.net)
Date: December 07, 2011 08:11PM

Cabelas and many others sell them as noted above.
I've used quite a few of their Rainshadow II Salmon/steelhead blanks. Enjoy using the RF2SA1084-2 salmon blank a lot.

Posted by: Geoff Staples (---.olypen.com)
Date: December 08, 2011 10:46AM

Mr. Allen,
The info we publish for the Rainforrest and Tradition II blanks can be found in our 2012 catalog. You can download it, or request a printed copy from our website www.fishpacbay.com. I also saw some CCS data posted for certain models on the CCS data site located on the left.

-The Batson TEAM
BatsonEnterprises.com

Posted by: Mick Batson (---.tukw.qwest.net)
Date: December 08, 2011 11:21AM

Feel free to give Utmost a call (800) 588-6678 or email utmost39@aol.com. We are located 1/2 block from Pacific Bay and, so long as they have it in stock, can get any product you need. We charge actual shipping only to cut down on costs for our customers, as well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster