I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Syringe size
Posted by: Paul Green (95.145.192.---)
Date: November 05, 2011 04:32AM

Im new to rod building and I am about to buy an 8oz kit of d2 epoxy. I was going to drill a hole in the top of each bottle and leave the syringes stood in the holes (read about this tip on here or another forum). My question is what determines syringe size. Bullards sell 3ml, 6ml and 12ml, what do people recommend and why. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Syringe size
Posted by: Ken Preston (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 05, 2011 08:16AM

The ones I have are 12mm. They fit my hand better and have a larger nozzle opening. I also like them because I seldom mix less than 2mm of each part of epoxy. No matter which you choose make sure of two things: no rubber on the tip of the plunger - they degrade and separate from the push plunger and seal off the markings. I found clear sealing tape good for this (the clear 2" wide type).

Posted by: Bill Ballou (---.hsd1.tn.comcast.net)
Date: November 05, 2011 09:51AM

I agree with Ken about the rubber at the end of syringe. The 3mm of unnamed brand if you drill a 5/32 hole in top of bottle the syringe will be nice and snug. Any one you buy I would practice on a coke cap to get the best fit..

Posted by: Brandon Gay (---.dsl.crchtx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 05, 2011 10:53AM

Just drilled my caps with a 5/32th bit and they fit my Flex Coat 3mm syringes perfect. The 3mm should be fine, a rarely use that much. I mix about 2mm each for my guide wraps and then mix another batxh for butt wrap.

Posted by: Paul Green (95.145.192.---)
Date: November 07, 2011 01:13PM

Thanks for all the tips and repies.

Posted by: ofer nadav (---.carolina.res.rr.com)
Date: November 09, 2011 12:31PM

i noticed in the new mudhole catalog they have bottle inserts to accept the syringes. haven't tried them just fyi

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster