I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Spiral Guide Sizes
Posted by: Jacob Thompson (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 23, 2011 08:15PM

I got the issue of rodmaker with the how to on building acid wrapped live bait rods but I couldnt find anything on guide sizes. I was thinking of starting with a 20 at 0 degrees, a 16 at 90 degrees, then a 12 as the first at 180 and the rest either 8s or 10s. What do you all think? Should I go smaller and should all the guides at 180 degrees be the same size?

Thanks
Jacob

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Spiral Guide Sizes
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: October 23, 2011 09:31PM

I would utilize the same sized guides on the 180 degree axis.

Posted by: Gabe Nakash (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 23, 2011 10:46PM

I just use two different guide sizes.. one for the stripper and the rest are all the same..
I would do a 20 or 16 and then the rest 10's or 8s depending on what your fishing..

Tight Wraps..

Date: October 23, 2011 10:55PM

Alright thank you both, I also have another question. Im looking to build on a Phenix Black diamond PSW700M, and on their website that has the blank info, it says that blank has a 6.5 mm tip but right next to that number, it says 2.6. What does that mean? Its got me confused and now im not sure what size tip I should be looking for and I dont want to order the wrong size.

[www.phenixrods.com]

its the 4th one down on the list

Posted by: Phil Brenner (198.217.64.---)
Date: October 24, 2011 06:30AM

They probably meant a size 6.5 tip which means 6.5 64ths of an inch, which is 2.6 mm

Date: October 24, 2011 06:44PM

Oh ok that makes sense, so I should be looking for a top with a tube I.D. of 2.6 mm right?

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.war.clearwire-wmx.net)
Date: October 25, 2011 11:13PM

No a 6.5 tube tip top is what you need.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 26, 2011 08:24AM

Get yourself one of those tip sizers from Fuji or Pac Bay

Bill - willierods.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster