I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Billy rose wrap need help
Posted by: Herman Knott (---.gci.net)
Date: September 09, 2011 04:55PM

Billy V.
The first time i tried the rose it looked the same so i took it all off and started again.
I posted a pic in thread art. It just doesn't look correct not even like a rose at all.
Just need some direction, I have a signed book by you and also the CD and studied them both but just don't get it.
I have done several other kinds of wraps that came out perfect. This one is on pink mudhole blank for my sister in FL.
Help im set on getting this correct.
Thanks
Herman in AK

Herman

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Billy rose wrap need help
Posted by: Skipp Hughes (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: September 09, 2011 05:50PM

Herman I sent you an email Give me a call

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 09, 2011 06:01PM

For those reading this, here is Herman's Rose wrap: [www.rodbuilding.org] I think you are unhappy that the Rose is straight and not curved? I counted that you did 12 passes (Zoom mode helps, here look: [www.rodbuilding.org]) Based on teh crossover points between the background and hte REd Rose, it seems like you did not wrap the Red +1. MAyb eI am wrong, but that is what it looks like ot me, I have my own Rose WRap in zoom on my screen and I'm pretty sure that is why the pattern you wrapped looks ?flat" as opposed to curved (assuming that is what you do not like about it?

OK, +1 works like this. The first time you go through A B C D, instruction C (the Red) will be wrapped usin g1 thread. When you loop back and do A B C D again, this tim eoyu will wrap C with 2 threads. Next time 3 threads (ONLY for instruction C). If you are going to make 12 passes, the last pass C should be wrapped with 12 threads.

Doe sthis help a little bit? If not let me know, or if I didn't hit the mark with anything let me know an dI'll explain it better.

Posted by: Skipp Hughes (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: September 09, 2011 06:21PM

That's what I saw too Billy..... I just didn't feel like typing it.... LOL

Posted by: Herman Knott (---.static.acsalaska.net)
Date: September 09, 2011 11:07PM

Well darn billy you are correct I added 1 each time but just 1 i did not do 12 at the end.
Do I do the same on the back ground +2 so at the end ill have 24
Thank you Ill take it off and start again they say 3 is a charm.
Ill make the next one 7-8 not 12
Hope to meet you at highpoint in person.
Thanks
Herman

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2011 12:51AM by Herman Knott.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 09, 2011 11:41PM

Glad I could help. I think 12 passes is WAY too much for the Rose wrap. Ttry to do like 7 or 8 passes, if you have a lot of blank showing with that many passes, then just do a frame and close in a solid color. Search the photo board for ROSE, there are like a dozen wraps form various builders you can see how the pattern looks closed and framed diffeerently. I'll be in HP, I hope you come all teh way down form Alaska, and drag Hugh along...he's so big he'll drag you, lol

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster