I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

photos?
Posted by: lorenzo tellez (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: June 10, 2011 02:19PM

I am uploading a couple of pics, I have my camera om 14m, 1111 it says for the size on my camera, my loads just don't come out , it says they were succefully loaded, then when I try to look for them they are not there. What can i do? Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: photos?
Posted by: Kurt Mogensen (---.13.89.75.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: June 10, 2011 02:34PM

I had to reduce the size of the picture prior to uploading when I had the same problem.

Posted by: lorenzo tellez (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: June 10, 2011 02:43PM

Kurt, What size did you have your camera on?

Posted by: Kurt Mogensen (---.13.89.75.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: June 10, 2011 03:26PM

My camera shoots at 10mp. I adjusted the size of the file with editing software. You should be able to find this option with whatever you use to manipulate your photos.

Posted by: Jim Ising (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: June 10, 2011 05:05PM

Set your camera size setting to "basic" or "normal" or "email". Then, to be safe, if you have an app that will email the photo (especially to a phone), it will automatically resample the image to 72 dpi, which is screen resolution, which is what forum libraries like best. Then upload the image you emailed yourself. If you know how to check file size, your jpg should be well below 1 meg, somewhere between 300K and 600K should give you a nice big crisp photo on the forum without wasting Tom's disk space. Megapixels have nothing to do with it, it's all about resolution.

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: June 11, 2011 08:32AM

Lorenzo,
Do you have photo software on your computer to help edit your pictures?
If you do, you should have a "save" function on the software that allows you to save the picture in different formats.

If you do save the picture in a different format, try to use the .jpeg format and use the compressed version to try to get the picture in a size that uses no more than 100K of storage or even less. You lose some quality with the compressed format, but it is much easier to send via mail or for other users to see and use.

Take care
Roger

p.s.
If you don't have photo software on your computer, you can either buy, or do searches on the internet for some "free" software that may work for you.

p.p.s.
Here are a few well known examples of photo editing software for your computer:

1. Apple iPhoto
It comes with iLife if you buy an Apple computer but you can also buy it separately. iPhoto is an extremely useful program that is both easy to use and relatively inexpensive. You can automatically adjust settings on your photos, organize them into flipbooks and even have them professionally printed, all within the program. (Read more in our printer and printing blog )

apple home iphoto download
free apple iphoto download for Windows
Apple iphoto books pricing and support
Free iPhoto Download for using with MS Windows
How can i print my photos with Apple iPhoto

2. Picasa
You can not beat the price here, because Picasa is free. It only works on Windows operating systems, but it is easy to use and allows you to edit and manage your photos. Once you are done, it is also very easy to share your photos with family and to create albums that can be viewed online.

Google Picasa 2 download
Picasa 3 download vs. Picasa 1 Downloads
Picasa Free Download for photo editing
Picasa web albums to print photos
Picasa Web Photo Print Downloads

3. IrfanView
IrfanView is a free program for Windows operating systems only. You can use it for personal use only, but that is all you really need for family photo manipulation, right? You can do simple edits and there are several options available if you want to print your photos. Just make sure you have photo printer ink if you are going to do so.

irfanview free download
irfan view tutorials and support
irfanview windows plugins v3.98
DVD plug in for Irfanview
How to open photos and print photos with irfanview

4. Roxio PhotoSuite
Roxio PhotoSuite is for Windows only, but it is multi-featured and gives you a lot of options for photo editing. You can manipulate each photo until it is the best it can be, put them in calendars and then share them. You can even burn your albums onto a DVD.

roxio easy media creator 8
roxio cd creator free download
roxio easy media creator 9 cd burner
roxio cd burning media creator easy dvd copy
roxio photosuite 5 updates dvd copy

5. Ulead PhotoImpact
Another relatively inexpensive choice is the Ulead PhotoImpact. This one is easy to use but also provides the features more experienced users can appreciate. Add your photos to greeting cards to print out, order prints or print them at home. Anything involving photos is covered by this program.

photoimpact 12 download links
free photoimpact 11.0 or 8.0 downloads
ulead photoimpact free support & Tutorials
Free Trial PhotoImpact 11 ulead
Downloaded photoimpact ulead telecharger kostenlos

6. Adobe Photoshop Elements
While the full featured Photoshop CS2, lets say, requires quite a bit of skill to use but Photoshop Elements has just enough features to appease the more skilled without confusing the beginner. It is available for both Windows and Mac platforms and you can fix photos and create photo compositions. You also have superior control over resolution options and can print top quality photos from this program. Adobe Photoshop can print with Matte or Glossy Photo Papers.

adobe photoshop elements 4
adobe photo shop elements free download
free trial version for photo shop elements 5.0
download free photoshop element 2.0, 3.0 or 4.0
adobe photoshop elements online tutorial

7. Serif PhotoPlus
Serif PhotoPlus is another great free find. You can edit your photos, make them look great, print them out or share them with friends. While only available for Windows platforms, it is user-friendly and provides a lot of options for the advanced user and the novice.

serif photo plus 60 download
serif photo shop editor reg code
serif photo plus 8.0 or 6.0 software dwonload
editing with serif photo plus 8 tips and review
which photo editing editor software is better

8. Foto Finish
While you can try it for free for thirty days, FotoFinish is a program you will have to pay for. However, it is worth its price tag. You can edit your photos for professional quality, put them in compositions for print and the web or just print out your photos as though they were professionally developed.

free foto finish software download
compare photo editing software like photo finish and photoshop
photo editor software review and comprasion
adobe photo foto finish software suite download
compare foto finish with Google Piscala

9. Paint.NET
Paint.NET is a free software program that is funded by donations on their website. It only runs on Windows operating systems but it provides many useful tools including unlimited undo! Trust me, that is a useful one. It is meant for the beginner but can be utilized at full capacity by those with more experience. Paint.net is a good photo and image editing software to print on Matte or Waterproof Photo Paper.

paint.net 2.72 tutorial review
virtual tuning with paint.net 2.6 final
how to upload images and pictures with URLs in paint.net
paint.net convert color photos to b/w (black and white)
telecharger paint.net 2.63 version tutorial and compare

10. GIMP
GIMP or the GNU Image Manipulation Program is a free program that works on most operating systems. It is very similar to Adobe Photoshop in function, meaning that it offers numerous options and features. While it may be a bit over the heads of the standard family album maker, it is worth a look, especially if you have an interest in furthering your skills.

download the gimp for free
free tutorial and trieal for gimp photo
gimp 2.0 or other version to download
reg code for windows for gimp 20
telecharger gimp software registration

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster