I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rod Maker Magazine
Posted by: Dion Woodfield (---.lns1.bat.bigpond.net.au)
Date: May 07, 2011 11:06PM

I would like a subscription to rod maker. Where can I get in Australia? Short & sweet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rod Maker Magazine
Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lns6.ken.bigpond.net.au)
Date: May 07, 2011 11:25PM

Hi Dion,
Ian@millerods.com or phone Julie on 02 44542140 during business hrs

ESFNEM Col

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2011 11:50PM by Col Chaseling.

Posted by: Dion Woodfield (---.lns1.bat.bigpond.net.au)
Date: May 07, 2011 11:59PM

Thanks Col. Come to think of it. I seem to remember Ian Miller had something to do with it. Thanks for jogging my memory.

Posted by: Daniel Glenn Eason (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: May 09, 2011 09:41PM

This might seem like a stupid question but, what is in rodmaker magazine? is it worth getting a subscription?

Posted by: Ken Finch (---.orlando-03rh16rt-04rh15rt.fl.dial-access.att.net)
Date: May 09, 2011 09:55PM

What is Rodmaker Magazine? You're kidding, right?

Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lnse3.ken.bigpond.net.au)
Date: May 10, 2011 04:37AM

Daniel,
Abso-bloody-lutely. Rodmaker magazine contains all the latest rodbuilding techniques a long time before they hit anywhere else. Contains a lot of info as well. Stuff for beginers to experienced builders. A lot of back issues are available. See RodMaker Magazine on the left for subscription info especially if your in the States. Well worth the cost even if your not in the States.

ESFNEM Col

Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.skylan.net)
Date: May 10, 2011 07:52AM

The Col. is correct.

It is a great pubicaltion with 6 colorful issues a year.

every builder should be a subscriber whether you are a hobby builder or custom builder with customers

Bill

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Date: May 10, 2011 02:37PM

no i wasnt kidding. i never heard of it before joining this forum. high quality rodbuilding has died in my area, (except 4 me) and i am an extremely isolated builder.

i wish i could hold one. does anyone know if they distribute the magazine to any stores?

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: May 10, 2011 02:47PM

Sorry, I do not. The magazine is very expensive to produce and there is no way I could absorb the standard 70% return/discard rate that news carriers require.

Date: May 10, 2011 03:25PM

Im sorry to hear that, its a shame. I cant afford a subscription to a publication i haver never seen at the moment. (newborn babies are not cheap) especially when you are trying to fix up your first home.

Tom, are you the publisher of rod maker magazine? i could probably swing the cost of a single issue + shipping. that way i could see if it warrant's budgeting into my expenses.

EDIT: I just read the entire Rodmaker Blog. I have learned what i can about the publication, and have decided to cancel a fishing trip to Pensacola to cover the cost of my subscription.

Tom, Thank you for the effort you put forth concerning my craft. As well as the Manner in which you choose to conduct yourself as a businessman. I dont care if the magazine has any new information for me. Of all the ways I can dedicate my resources, investing in your publication seems like the most worthwhile, especially for $5.25 a month. I plan to contribute to your publication in any way I can. When I am able I will send you an email, with contributions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2011 03:57PM by Daniel Glenn Eason.

Date: May 10, 2011 04:18PM

[www.rodmakermagazine.com]

I try to never judge anyone's pocketbook, but a 1-year subscription isn't exactly expensive. We're only talking $27.95. But as I said, I won't judge what anybody can or can't afford to do.

By the way, by subscription the cost is only $4.65 per issue. There are 6 issues per year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2011 04:20PM by Tom Kirkman.

Date: May 10, 2011 04:23PM

I realize that now. i was under the impression it was 10.50 an issue. as the bottom offer, stated the value of 4 back issues to be 42 dollars.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2011 04:24PM by Daniel Glenn Eason.

Date: May 10, 2011 05:09PM

Back issues are a bit higher due to the necessity of having to mail them at the regular first class rate, which is about $2 per copy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster