I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Uploading photos.
Posted by: Daniel Glenn Eason (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: May 05, 2011 01:15PM

I am not given to asking questions that i hope have very obvious answers, but I have tried my best to deal with this on my own before posting about it.

I am unable to upload photos. However after having searched and read multiple threads on the topic, and having also read the two stickies at the top of the board, I am still unclear as to what the issue may be.

I am currently registered and logged into the photo-post site. I can view photos but there is no function i can find which would initiate an upload of any sort. If someone could please clear the fog on this i would be grateful.

If not then I will have to ask how to message an admin/mod about the issue as i cannot locate the function to send private messages either.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Uploading photos.
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: May 05, 2011 01:28PM

In the line of commands at the upper right hand corner, just above the photos, there is an option to "upload photos." It is in the same line that says "Home · Search · Member List · Profile · Upload Photos · Logout." The letters are all in white.

Posted by: Joel Barnett (---.dsl.dynamic.sonic.net)
Date: May 05, 2011 01:31PM

From above on this page, click on "PHOTOS".
When you are on the "PHOTOS" page, there will be a black bar with different tabs (forum, FAQ's, buy/sell, etc.). Look below this bar. There is a red strip. On the right side of the red strip there is writing in white letters (Home · Search · Member List · Profile · UPLOAD PHOTOS · Logout). Click on "UPLOAD PHOTOS" and scroll down a little. There should be an option to browse files from your computer etc. which you can use to upload onto the photo page.

Hope this helps and you can follow my rough description.

Date: May 05, 2011 01:33PM

Im sorry but that function is not on the tab for me, I will take a screenshot of it if u would like.

edit: that would be pointless as i believe this forum does not allow u to embed images hosted by another site... i will test...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2011 01:37PM by Daniel Glenn Eason.

Date: May 05, 2011 01:40PM

The software doesn't put it there for some and not for others. It's either there for everyone (logged in), or no one.

So, I'm wondering if your browser might not be displaying it for some reason. Perhaps it's out of date. Maybe you have a pop-up blocker that's not allowing it to show on your end. These are a couple of things you can check.

Date: May 05, 2011 01:56PM

ok... so while editing my profile the forum states that my current status is: "unregistered" however, above that the site indicates the date that i registered.
(4-29-2011) so how did this error occur and how can i fix it??

Date: May 05, 2011 02:20PM

Trying clearing your cache or refreshing your browser window.

Date: May 05, 2011 02:30PM

i have done so multiple times and will do so again at your direction.

i am certain that there was an error with how i was registered. i received a single verification email and a single approval email. neither of which contained the information you have stated would be present in the stickied topics, concerning "how to upload files". somehow I was simultaneously registered for both the photo and forum sites. I DID register for both separately (photo-sharing first, then the message board)

if i had not registered for the photo accnt then i would be unable to log in, however i did not receive a verification or approval email for the photosite.

Date: May 05, 2011 02:41PM

Apparently the necessary moderator action required has been performed, as the function now appears on the tab as you and others have indicated it should.

Thank you for your assistance Tom.*

On another note it is permissible for message boards of this sort to have a probationary period for new users. Perhaps the webmaster could implement such a system at the discretion of the site manager, if it were deemed necessary.

*and others

Date: May 05, 2011 03:01PM

I have no idea what I supposedly did, but you're welcome.

The rules for this forum are clearly outlined in a post near the top of this page.

Date: May 05, 2011 03:42PM

i read them looking for just such a clause but didnt see anything indicating any sort of probationary period was in effect.

As for what you supposedly did, i have no idea either but none of the variables i applied to the situation have changed since before i started the thread.

no matter, im just happy to be able to participate in the community. thnx again

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster