I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Seeker Two piece surf
Posted by: Shane Wells (---.war.clearwire-wmx.net)
Date: April 12, 2011 03:56PM

Would like to know some info on FSU 105HB and FSU 120B blanks. I havent got to put my hands on these and would like some real world feedback. Looking for 6oz & bait rods that load easy and have a lighter tip, yet still handle heavy current and set a hook . Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Seeker Two piece surf
Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.135.188.72.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: April 13, 2011 11:21AM

Much as I enjoy watching televised fishing tournaments with 200 pound men giving all their all to set the hook in a three pound bass, when I fish bait in the sea I ALWAYS use circle hooks. I get a lot more hookups and a lot more live releases when my sand spikes set my circle hooks, although the hookups are much less picturesque.

Posted by: John Martines (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: April 14, 2011 09:08AM

The # you gave are for the factory built rods not the blanks. These blanks are fiberglass and are much lighter in weight then a comparable Lamiglas or Fenwick but the butt sections are also fatter. The SU105 is a nice blank for a 2pc glass and might fit the bill for you. The SU120 is to light for the weight you want to throw IMO.

Where do you fish?? For what do you fish?? Must it be a 2pc?? How long of a rod do you want/ need??

These SU Seekers are slow action rods and I have found they are a bit floppy for my liking. If I'm fishing a long glass rod for bait I like the Lamiglas SB1364F, or a cut S-glass 1363M. As for Seeker they have a few 10' rods that are composite that might work. SS-C-ULUA93H which is a heavy rod that is good to 6oz. also the model 540 in the classic series is another. You might be better off with a graphite rod there are many that fit the bill your looking for. I have a few suggestions in graphite!!

Posted by: Shane Wells (---.war.clearwire-wmx.net)
Date: April 14, 2011 07:24PM

Sorry those are the numbers in my catalogs, This rod will be for a small framed female and will be used for columbia river sturgeon, and plunking for salmon. She would prefer two piece and the slower action of glass is nice when plunking trebles for chinook, since going back to glass on my rods I have not lost a fish or missed a bite. I have had lami 4M in the past and that would be to much for her. And I havent handled the 3M either that might be a 1 piece that would work. How do the seeker action compare to lamiglas fiberglass?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster