I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Photo Board problems
Posted by: Mark Fisher (---.lns5.way.bigpond.net.au)
Date: March 17, 2011 08:47PM

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I posted a couple of photos of some guide wraps I've done recently. They went onto the site without a problem. The remainder of the photos with thebutt thread work will not post for some reason. The site tells me they have been uploaded correctly but they just don't appear? The photos have been re-sized as usual so that's not the problems. I tried a number of times so there is probably a few double ups floating around in cyber space somewhere. Any suggestions?

Regards
Mark
Outback Rods

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Photo Board problems
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: March 17, 2011 08:50PM

Reduce the file size further and see what happens. Most folks use photos that are far too large/high resolution for the internet anyway. The internet is a low resolution medium.

Posted by: Mark Fisher (---.lns3.fli.bigpond.net.au)
Date: March 17, 2011 11:10PM

Thanks for such a quick reply Tom. I've tried reducing the immages even further and they are now below half of the original size. The screen tells me the photos have been uploaded but they aren't appearing. I had no problems with the guide photos?

Date: March 18, 2011 12:55AM

Tried again. Same result. The board tells me that the photos have uploaded, it then takes me through to my own member photos but without the ones I've just uploaded. I'm down to about 25% of the original size file.

Date: March 18, 2011 08:26AM

What is the current file size? There is a limit as to what the software will accept.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 18, 2011 09:58AM

What about Category Did you change the one that comes up as default

Bill - willierods.com

Date: March 18, 2011 10:53AM

Good point. You do have to select a category to put the photo in.

Date: March 18, 2011 02:34PM

Thanks guys but I've done that. I try and put each into the most applicable category. I've never had this problem before. I've now resized further down with no luck.

Posted by: Chris Richer (---.agr.gc.ca)
Date: March 18, 2011 03:09PM

Try with a different image and see if that uploads. I know you had uploaded some earlier, but try a different image again. (trying to isolate the image as the issue)

Chris Richer
Iroquois ON

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 18, 2011 03:57PM

The only other thing I can think of is go to the Start / programs / accessories / system tools / Disk Cleanup and Defragmenter

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Ray Mazza (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 18, 2011 09:02PM

I can't log into the photo page and it doesn't recognize my email address. Been like this for 2 days now. Any ideas? Thanks
Ray

Date: March 18, 2011 09:26PM

Use the name and password you registered under there and you'll be able to log in just fine.

Posted by: Andrew Kempker (---.dsl.snantx.swbell.net)
Date: March 18, 2011 11:52PM

It will not let me log in also....bummer!

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 19, 2011 02:09AM

MArk, the photo page is quirky from time to time. Try changing the name of the files after resizing. Teh file size thing is weird, sometimes it lets big files throuhg, other times it doesn't. I think if you upload a file abc.jpg an dit is too big, hen resize it as abc.jpg it won't work. Try resizing it and naming abc1.jpg and see f that works?

Date: March 19, 2011 08:42AM

Andrew,

You're not registered on the photo page. You previously registered with a one word user name instead of the proper first and last name and therefore no registration was generated.

Billy,

There is a file size limit - if the photo is larger than 2000 x 2000 pixels, or the file is larger than 2000kb, it will not allow the upload. Photos are displayed at 600 pixels maximum and 72 dpi. When larger files are uploaded the software is unable to resize them (it automatically resizes all uploads).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster