I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

March 26th Gathering
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 16, 2011 01:12PM

There is a NERBs Staten Island Gathering on March 26th in my shop. RIght now it's just about filled up with 20 builders + 2 maybes. There is another gathering on April 9th which has some spots. Admission is $25, and I will have 4 trays of catered food for lunch. water, soda, and I'm sure a ton of candy, lol.

Those coming on the 26th are lucky, Unclemeat aka Sean Endres will be coming down from CT. Sean is one of the best Dec Wrappers in this craft, hands down. He does things completely differently than I do, so you'll be treated to a wider base of information. Not to mention, he's an awesome fisherman, and a great friend. Hopefully he brings a bunch of his rods, they are flat out amazing to see in person. Here is a sample of his work: [www.rodbuilding.org] < SICK

Topics right now are basic and advanced dec Wraps, Dec GRips, guide wrapping & trim, setting up a spinning rod, also will try to do some Abalone and exootic handle techniques (Steve Kolb will be handling these presentations). I am asking each person who shows up to come prpared with a wrap they did which has not been CP/epoxied. This will allow e to look at your work and give tips on packing, tension, etc.

PS - special thanks to Mudhole for sponsoring the gathering on the 26th with a few raffles, and to RAlph Pepe for the catered food from Amore Italiano on Staten Island.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2011 04:02PM by Billy Vivona.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: March 26th Gathering
Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: March 16, 2011 01:50PM

Missed seeing Sean at Hogh Point. His work is so precise it will blow your mind. Him and Rimbeck are the most precise wrappers out there.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: March 16, 2011 03:25PM

They're extremely precise, so is Steve Patterson. I saw his work firsthand in the Phoenix booth and it's as good as any I've seen.

Posted by: Les Stewart (---.rh1.dyn.cm.comporium.net)
Date: March 16, 2011 08:40PM

I wouldn't mind having a reasonably priced DVD of the demonstrations. Ever think about doing that?

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: March 16, 2011 09:06PM

Yes we've thought about it and it's neither a good nor viable idea as explained many times before. It will never take place at the Expo. Sorry.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 16, 2011 09:13PM

Les, one of the guys coming to The NERBs Gathering has ideas for something along those lines. Basically an on-line interactive "gathering", sort of like a conference call. I discussed this with him last gatheing in February, adn will br talking to him about this next weekend.

The big problem is people tha twill scam and put this stuff on youtube. There will be no incentive for peopel to attend gatheirngs, or attend the Expo if they can sit hom eand get this info for free.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster