I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Phenix T46 blanks
Posted by: Richard Glabach (158.74.35.---)
Date: March 03, 2011 01:18PM

I have seen some chatter about these blanks, which were shown at the Expo.

What do we know about them?

Thanks,
Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Phenix T46 blanks
Posted by: Ken Preston (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 03, 2011 01:53PM

I spent some time chatting with their tech - who really knew what he was talking about. It was a little tough getting price quotes from them but I finally did manage to get a price list. They have several "lines" of rods and blends of materials with different finishes on the blanks. The blanks I played around with are VERY light (thin walled) but with plenty of backbone. I'm now regretting I didn't take all the surf rods that they had with them.
They are made in Taiwan (like many other companies' offerings). I'll probably wind up setting up a business relationship with them.

Posted by: Lance Dupre (---.hsd1.la.comcast.net)
Date: March 03, 2011 02:41PM

Check back with us as we will be stocking them when they are available. We are presently a distributor for their line of blanks and stock several models. As I understand it the new T46 blanks will be available after June of this year. The ones sold is the first run and we were told that there may be a few changes to them. We'll keep everyone posted on the availability.

Lance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2011 07:18PM by Swampland Tackle Lance Dupre.

Posted by: Mike Molenda (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: March 03, 2011 07:40PM

I know that the Phenix drop shot blanks are the best I've seen. Like Ken said very light and a lot of backbone. Also very straight. I am very happy with their product.

Mike

Posted by: Todd Badgley (---.hsd1.ms.comcast.net)
Date: March 04, 2011 10:50AM

Lance "made" me buy a 7' med heavy, fast for a worm rod. The blank weighs less than an ounce. Then I just "had" to buy an HM 7'1" heavy, fast that I plan to compare. I'm very intrigued by both. Too bad the NRX is not headed in this direction...

Todd

Foolishly chasing the "sensitivity" carrot!

Date: March 04, 2011 01:34PM

I'm glad I was not subjected to that temptation - actually, I am not glad. Wish I could have been there.

Rick

Posted by: robert kravic (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: March 08, 2011 10:06AM

a 7' medium heavy that weighs less than an ounce - are you sure, because if its true i found a new blank company

Date: March 08, 2011 11:25AM

it does seem incredible - I started this topic to learn whatever I could!

rick

Posted by: robert kravic (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: March 11, 2011 10:41PM

i'm building a 7-6 mh which weighed 1.5. i also have a 7-6 ml which weighs under 1.4 and my buddy just finished a 7-1 mh that finished at 2.5 ounces without the thread finish. i'm waiting for some titanium micros or i'd be done too. i haven't even fished them so i don't know about their durability, but as of now they are my favorite blank. they are different as the finish has a design to it and it is rough not smooth

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster