I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

OK show goer fly guys.
Posted by: Larry Damore (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: February 28, 2011 11:31PM

Lets hers some comments on the two new entries into the fly blank arena. NFC and the new PacBay Quickline blanks. Anybody get to try them at the show or give them the ole wiggle test?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: OK show goer fly guys.
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: March 01, 2011 07:13AM

Vic Cutter showed me the new Quickline blanks. Very crisp feeling blanks. Beautiful transparent gloss black and rather straight.

I didn't get a chance to handle any of the NFC fly blanks. But I have no doubt they're fantastic.

Posted by: Todd Kreikamp (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: March 01, 2011 08:50AM

I threw the 5 wt. NFC and it was very nice. Very light and quick. Not sure when the 4 piece models or the larger weights will be coming out but know they are trying to dial things in to make it one of the best options out there. I meant to speak with Vic but only had one day and lost track of time on Saturday. I did throw some of the Batson RX8 and old RX8+ wands with Gary Lamb and loved the feel on those. Gary had a 5wt and an 8wt set up without the large strippers and I threw the line on both. Very impressed with those especially when looking at performance/price ratio. Did wiggle the new St. Croix SCV saltwater 6 blank and that felt like it would be a rocket launcher, nice fast tip. Felt like a kid in a candy store, even ended up buying a bamboo 4wt from Angler's Roost just to temper my fast action graphite DNA.

Posted by: Larry Damore (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: March 01, 2011 07:54PM

Looks like I'll be having to buy each one of these to get an opinion....lol. No more wigglers and tryers at all?

Posted by: Karen Hapka - Bingham Ent. (---.rdns.blackberry.net)
Date: March 02, 2011 07:14AM

If you want to buy both- I have them!!

Karen Hapka
Bingham Enterprises

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster