I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Has supply started yet?
Posted by: Ross van Enckevort (---.lns20.adl6.internode.on.net)
Date: February 01, 2011 02:58PM

Guys,
Just wondering whether any of you have been able to get any Gudebrod thread yet from the new manufacturer? production was meant to be mid January.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Has supply started yet?
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 01, 2011 03:08PM

They just signed on to attend and display at the Expo. Beyond that, I don't know.

Posted by: Jeb Brantley (---.knology.net)
Date: February 01, 2011 05:50PM

I know that my distributor has started recieving shipments from the new company, so you might want to check with the companies that you order from.

Posted by: kevin knox (---.baybroadband.net)
Date: February 02, 2011 08:37AM

Tom,
Will they be selling, or display only...

Posted by: Bob Pratt (---.cust.wildblue.net)
Date: February 02, 2011 09:44AM

I'm sure sense I'm new to this that I'm missing some history here but I go to MudHole and they have Gudebrod listed. Are we talking about two different companies.

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 02, 2011 10:13AM

Gudebrod thread division was a very well respected, long-time favorite of most rod builders. The company went "toes up" (bankruptcy /receivership) and was broken up. The name was purchased and went with another division while the thread making equipment went with a group of former owners of Gudebrod. The equipment was removed to another location in Pennsylvania and was reformed under a new name - I believe Wel-Tec. Tom had posted that they will be at the ICRBE in February - I assume under Wel-Tec since there might be a legal issue if they continued as Gudebrod. I, for one, wish them well and hope that they continue with the rod-building specific threads that they offered especially the HT metallic line up.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 02, 2011 10:31AM

Do any of the suppliers have any. I would like to try some to see if it is a similar product

Do they have a site

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Bob Pratt (---.cust.wildblue.net)
Date: February 02, 2011 10:38AM

I just called MudHole about a backorder issue and talked about the Gudebrod they have and it's just what they have left over after the breakup. They do not have all colors, only what's on the shelf.

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 02, 2011 10:39AM

BIll -
I've looked, but not found any solid information

Date: February 02, 2011 10:50AM

I got Google up now and am putting every thing I can think of to try and find some info Nothing yet.
Not crazy about the no stretch of most the threads now Just me ???

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Larry Hale (---.dsl.eulstx.swbell.net)
Date: February 02, 2011 01:10PM

Just checked the WEL-TEC, LLC website (http://wel-tec.com) and apparently they got the Gudebrod â„¢ as part of the deal. The website is not fully operational yet. Their E-Mail is info@wel-tec.com.

Larry

I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 02, 2011 03:29PM

They will be at the Expo.

Date: February 02, 2011 07:11PM

Thanks for the link Got it on favorites

Bill - willierods.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster