I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

help me with a pink rod build
Posted by: Garrett Adams (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: January 21, 2011 03:47PM

Hey guys,

I'm going to start a pink live bait rod for a friend's wife for Valentines day pretty soon. He told me to "make the rod pretty" and wants it to be a moderate to moderate fast action. This is for a TLD 15 and 20lb mono. General south florida live bait fishing from a boat. "bump trolling" and drifting.

I wold like to get a few opinions on this before i order components if you would please. I am going crazy trying to pick out colors for thread etc.

Blank - Mud Hole's e glass SPSWB7M-PINK (trying to be cost effictive and would rather not paint a blank) never built on one.

Guides- American Tackle HHRLC would that be to busy? also considering the HTRLC guides

Black EVA

Either a black plastic gimbal... or an aluminium one to match the reel seat???

Pac Bay Channel Lock Seat 20mm. TICH chrome, silver or black hoods????? Leaning twords the THIC finish on the hoods / trim ring.

GUIDE WRAPS!? lavander metallic under wrap with a teal or island lagoon (prowrap # 413) nylon overwrap to match his seafoam green hull???

Dolphin (fish) sticker

Pink abalone??????????????? Too busy?????????

What do you guys think / suggest?
Thank a bunch!
Garrett

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: help me with a pink rod build
Posted by: Nuno Paulino (---.cpe.netcabo.pt)
Date: January 21, 2011 04:42PM

Why a pink blank?
Try a white blank and make the wraps in different shades of pink.
A clear as possible reel seat maybe aluminum color, not black and silver guides with silver trims to guet all components in harmony.
Just an idea.
Abraço

Nuno

Date: January 21, 2011 04:50PM

Thanks Nuno but the blank has to be pink.............. I tried going down other avenues with the coustomer. Pink it is.

Posted by: Larry Damore (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: January 21, 2011 05:31PM

Mudhole has pink blanks.....

oops should have read the entire post...sorry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2011 05:32PM by Larry Damore.

Posted by: Larry Damore (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: January 21, 2011 05:35PM

Do a google image search for "pink fishing rod"...all kinds of ideas.

Posted by: Nuno Paulino (---.cpe.netcabo.pt)
Date: January 21, 2011 05:58PM

Go for metallic white wraps with some pink (maybe a cross wrap) and keep the aluminum color reel seat and silver guides. It will be a little different from the usual pink rods and very feminine.
I finished a pink rod today. Going to try to upload the photos tomorrow. Maybe you guet idea from there.
Abraço

Nuno

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: January 21, 2011 09:14PM

Garrett,
I think that there is enough bling in the guides without any contrasting wraps.
All of the pink rods that I have made have used matching pink thread. The guide wraps melt into the blank.

A nice contrast with pink is gold.

Many of the pink rods that I have made, use gold guides, with matching gold reel seat.

Lots of options. I don't think that "pretty" necessarily needs to have a lot of different colors. One or two colors is plenty and gives a beautiful rod.

Roger

Date: January 21, 2011 10:40PM

Thanks guys!

Roger. I think you are right. I may be thinking about colors too much.

Nuno. looking forward to the pictures

Posted by: Randy Hively (---.dr03.chtn.wv.frontiernet.net)
Date: January 22, 2011 10:35PM

I built a pink rod with red eva handle and red alum reel seat also had red wraps and red guides. It was HOT. Sorry I don't have pics my friend gave the rod to his new daughter-in-law. She loves it.

Posted by: Curt Forth (---.mtco.com)
Date: January 24, 2011 12:47PM

Just finished up a pink panfish rod for my granddaughter. Mudhole CRB blank with EVA handle. Fuji reel seat with ss band. I used black framed Fuji guides with silver inserts. Simple wrap with ProWrap #325 Red and touched it up with a single, small ProWrap #9860 metallic silver trim band. Everything blended together quite nicely.

Posted by: Nuno Paulino (---.9.54.77.rev.vodafone.pt)
Date: January 27, 2011 04:48AM

Garrett i have upload the photos of my pink rod.
Hope that could help you to have a few ideas.
Abraço

Nuno

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster